Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Parking

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Just on this. I PM'd Raphael and he said it was ok for to to just chuck up a follow up post to say I've 1 space in Roebuck Hill for rent for the year. It's underground secure parking (you'll get a buzzer for it). If anyone is actually interested chuck me a PM so we dont clog up this thread.

Just bumping this as the space has become available again if anyone is struggling to get parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Just bumping this as the space has become available again if anyone is struggling to get parking.

I'll send you a PM now.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Hate to revive an old topic but I don't think this question justifies its own topic. With regards to parking for residences (Belgrove in particular), can any residence just drive in? I didn't inquire at the start of the year because I'm only doing my driving test Tuesday (Probably fail but I'm curious anyway) and am wondering:
    • Can I simply drive into residential parking and lay down in any of the parking spaces?
    • Have I to inform anyone?
    • If there are no parking spaces available within the residential complex can I park in the bigger car park outside for free?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭geetar

B_Fanatic wrote: »
    Hate to revive an old topic but I don't think this question justifies its own topic. With regards to parking for residences (Belgrove in particular), can any residence just drive in? I didn't inquire at the start of the year because I'm only doing my driving test Tuesday (Probably fail but I'm curious anyway) and am wondering:
    • Can I simply drive into residential parking and lay down in any of the parking spaces?
    • Have I to inform anyone?
    • If there are no parking spaces available within the residential complex can I park in the bigger car park outside for free?

Thanks in advance.

pretty sure youll need some sort of pass in the window otherwise youll get clamped

geetar wrote: »
    pretty sure youll need some sort of pass in the window otherwise youll get clamped

Darn. Do you know anything about my last question? People seem to mention free parking outside the residences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

The way I see it if I get in early enough I get a space.

If you don't get in early enough and dont get a space well tough luck and stop moaning about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,661 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The place badly needs a multi-storey car park. The public transport system to get to ucd is awful

Lol, are people replying to the OP? My fault I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

AdamD wrote: »
    The place badly needs a multi-storey car park. The public transport system to get to ucd is awful

Ya that's what they need. To take hundreds of thousands of euro away from the library and other education needs and plough it into an unnecessary multistory car park because some people are too lazy to cycle.

*By the way I was being sarcastic

Because everyone lives within cycling distance of UCD....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Its getting one, but there will be no net increase in the number of spaces, as per Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council & NTA planning restrictions.

What UCD needs is people to get on the bus/bike charge everyone for parking. Dublin Bus also need to improve bus connections to the areas directly west of UCD, the 17 is unreliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The public transport system to get to ucd is awful

No it isn't. It has the 46a, 145, 39a, 84 etc and 2 and 3. to the front gate and the 11 and 11b to the rear. There's also Bus Eireann and AirCoach for logner distance commuters. The DART isn't unbelievably far away either, certainly walkable. To be honest it's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

stop wrote: »
    Dublin Bus also need to improve bus connections to the areas directly west of UCD, the 17 is unreliable.

Dublin Bus are fairly poor for west-east routes in south Dublin full stop, it isn't a UCD specific thing. The only one that I can think of apart from the 17 is the 75 from Dun Laoghaire to Tallaght.

The 17 is pretty unreliable :/

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

There is still parking today. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 badtinegirl

Got parking today no worries. If only
    it could be like that evey day. Im not missing
    driving really slow behind people walking in the car parks
    hoping they are leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭EmacB

For some reason they also refuse to use new busses on the 17 route :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 george507

Hope the car park in Blackrock can be solved as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Because everyone lives within cycling distance of UCD....

So rather then dealing with the issue of those who live close to UCD and are easily within cycling distance you want to completely ignore the point by bringing up the argument "Not everyone can cycle". Well duh. No one's expecting people to cycle from Wicklow but an argument was used in one of the first posts in this thread that "I live 4 miles from UCD with bad bus connections" = I must have a car parking space. That's who should be cycling.

Cycle in the wind/rain/snow...rather not. Being serious btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The place badly needs a multi-storey car park.

Pretty sure its on this thread somewhere, but engineering wise, the space required for such a venture would yield a minimal increase in car park spaces. I'd be against it for reasons of economic and for the absolute certainty they would charge for it use. People can barely park in unmarked spaces, imagine the carnage in a tight multistory car park?

Thats another thing, if you can't park, get out. Seriously. The standard of driving, especially in the gravel car park near Quinn is ridiculous. We lose 10 to 20 spaces each day by people leaving about 5 ft between cars or parking a the weirdest angles imaginable.

Advertisement