Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for dogs in Galway?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I will have to leave my dog in Galway during next Christmas. Does anybody know about dog friendly place where they wouldn't keep him in cage like in shelter, but at home? I am even thinking about looking for private people who love dogs and wish to earn some extra money for Chrismas. If you know somebody who might be intrested or does it from time to time, please pm me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

What kind of dog/how many etc?

I know a lady in Ardrahan that has kennels and has room for one small dog in her house. She is lovely but is from NZ so dont know if she will be around at Christmas. What dates do you need this for?

PM me if you want her number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

www.thedogcompany.ie is located near Moycullen, about 6km from the city.

I have left my dog with them many times over the years and could not fault it.
    John Madden is the name of the guy who runs it.

Previously, I used someone in Gort and Craughwell and they just don't compare. Nothing wrong with them but just not as good.

10 out of 10 for the Dog Company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Maja

ErnieBert wrote: »
    www.thedogcompany.ie is located near Moycullen, about 6km from the city.

I have left my dog with them many times over the years and could not fault it.
    John Madden is the name of the guy who runs it.

Previously, I used someone in Gort and Craughwell and they just don't compare. Nothing wrong with them but just not as good.

10 out of 10 for the Dog Company

Thanks, do they have "personal approach" if you know what i mean? :rolleyes: I just dont want my dog to sit lonely in some cage, go for 15min walk twice a day during the whole week when i am gone. :(
    He needs (my dog) human company a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scruffygirl

I can vouch for Country Kennels in Adrahan - the same one that TillyGirl writes about. They take great care of the dogs and, if requested, will keep your dog indoors with them. They keep great care of 2 dogs I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

There's a woman in Ballinasloe who has kennels behind her house in the countryside, just picked my dog up from there this evening and it's such a lovely place, she brings all the dogs to the lake every day for a swim and her own dogs are lovely too.

It's a bit outside the city but I think it would be well worth it, she's very reasonably priced too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

If there is a Travel Lodge around then I think they have a pet policy to allow one dog per room.

Advertisement