Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WEC 50:Cruz vs Benavidez 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Gonna be an absolute cracker. Cruz's footwork is feckin crazy and he comes in at wierd angles and is hard to defend against though i expect Benavidez to go for some takedowns of his own to even the points throughout the fight. Really lookin forward to this one :) if i had to choose.........Cruz-but only just

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Looks like a great card, should be another cracking event as usual from the WEC. I would have said Cruz has the edge based on their first fight but Benevidez seemed an improved fighter in his victory against Torres so it's a very tough one to call. I'll go with a split decision win for Cruz in a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Weigh In Results

Bantamweight bout: Dominick Cruz (c) - 134 vs. Joseph Benavidez - 134
    Lightweight bout: Shane Roller - 156 vs. Anthony Pettis - 155
    Featherweight bout: Cub Swanson - 146 vs. Chad Mendes - 145
    Bantamweight bout: Scott Jorgensen - 135 vs. Brad Pickett - 136
    Lightweight bout: Bart Palaszewski - 156 vs. Zach Micklewright - 156

Ah sweet I didn't realise it was on tomorrow night and not the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Really looking forward to this.

I predict Cruz's speed to be the determining factor, first time they fought it was close only for cruz being unpredictible and getting takedowns. i expect the same again. love to watch cruz fight, the guy is soooo fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

what channel is showing this tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

enemy wrote: »

WEC doesn't air here AFAIK!

hopefully there will be some links posted up later on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

enemy wrote: »

Same channel as all MMA. Sky number Go and Google on Your Computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The event is nearly over

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Anyone watch this? it was another very enjoyable show from the WEC.

anyone know what site i can watch this on?

wow-awesome stuff-i love the wec.......mma core now have the main event up(in 2 parts)great stuff :)

Great card again from the WEC, for me they are the best organisation in terms of consistancy in quality of cards. Jorgensen Pickett and Cruz Benevidez were the stand out fights but Rollar Pettis and the first fight with two names that I won't attempt to spell were excellent fights aswell.
    I had Benevidez winning the first three rounds so I would have given him the decision but it was a very close fight. Cruz - Jorgensen should be another cracker!

Did anyone else hear Stepan Bonnar calling Brad Pickett a pikey??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How cool was it when Brad Picket got the mouth piece knocked out and picked it up and put it back in while bing punched :D

calex71 wrote: »
    How cool was it when Brad Picket got the mouth piece knocked out and picked it up and put it back in while bing punched :D

And laughing to himself!

seadnamac wrote: »
    And laughing to himself!

Then Bonner calling him a Pikey when he put it in the 2nd time without rinsing it, Pure gold :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

seadnamac wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear Stepan Bonnar calling Brad Pickett a pikey??

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    :D

Do you no what Turkish?
    What Tommy?
    I fcukin hate Pikey's
    Gotta love Snatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Versus website has a full fight that was unaired, very good quality!

http://www.versus.com/mma/videos/wec-50-vasquez-vs-semerzier-not-aired-on-tv/

• Advertisement

That was the first full WEC I watched. Some great fights but I don't usually like watching the lower weight division fights for some reason. They show a lot more skill than a lot of UFC fighters though.

Hillarious when Bonnar called Pickett a pikey hahaha

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That was the first full WEC I watched. Some great fights but I don't usually like watching the lower weight division fights for some reason. They show a lot more skill than a lot of UFC fighters though.

You're missing out. WEC is consistantly the best promotion in the business!

for sure-and sooooo much better than last nights Strikefarce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

WEC dont fail to put on great cards, its a constant. Check out the Aldo v Faber card its even better than this one. Cant wait for the next WEC card, the Korean Zombie is fighting again :D

WEC dont fail to put on great cards, its a constant. Check out the Aldo v Faber card its even better than this one. Cant wait for the next WEC card, the Korean Zombie is fighting again :D

Yup!

I've never been disappointed by a WEC card. Only ever thought they were awesome!

They deliver every time!

Aw ya saw Zombie's last fight, that was unreal!! actually might go back and watch that again tonight!

Aw ya saw Zombie's last fight, that was unreal!! actually might go back and watch that again tonight!

Insane fight, next he's fighting George Roop @ wec 51. I predict a Zombie Holocaust at that one :D

Advertisement