Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to Clock Out

Options
  • 16-08-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Myself and another work colleague never clocked out (or so the system says because as far as we can remember we did, and there has been problems in the past with this exact problem) and now our employer is refusing to pay us for a full afternoons work. :mad: This was a once off problem, had never happened in our store before. In over a year and a half with this company I have never once been late, have always clocked in so this is NOT a recurrent issue. Is this legal? Its 4 and a half hours pay, and it was only the two of us working so they KNOW we were there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

Perhaps have cctv checked to prove you were there, and possibly show clocking in/out machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

We also have to use our clock in and out codes to cash up in the evening so they KNOW we were there untill 6 o clock. It is so frustrating: they are being totally unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

They are making illegal deductions from your salary.
    I advise you call a meeting with HR and get a union rep or senior member of staff to attend.
    This really is a cut and dry case. If you took them to court you would easily win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

No need for court. Complain to the Rights Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Unusual for both of you to forget- I'd question that also.Take it up with your union rep first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement