Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye think of Mitchelstown?

Options
  • 16-08-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

its not half bad. the supermacs sells cod burgers so i cant complain

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭hurling_lad

I work there but don't live there.

There seems to be a bit of a depressed air around the town since the Galtee plant closed a few years back, not helped by the number of vacant buildings (both old and new) around the square and main street.
    It definitely seems like a town whose best days are behind it, but hopefully the new Aldi distribution centre will be the start of more jobs coming on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

cooltown wrote: »

I try not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

, but hopefully the new Aldi distribution centre will be the start of more jobs coming on line.

Not going to open until 2013, according to the Avondhu newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Mitchelstown - pass! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

ok im very interested in mitchelstown at the minute!! :D

i have been googling for weeks and asking around everywhere as to HOW TO CONTACT/WHO TO CONTACT in regard to the market in the square on thursdays!!!

it seems everyone knows its there but no-one knows whos in charge????

anybody got any info???????

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Famous for its easy singles and easy women!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Since the by-pass opened i never think about it:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

lyndak082 wrote: »
    i have been googling for weeks and asking around everywhere as to HOW TO CONTACT/WHO TO CONTACT in regard to the market in the square on thursdays!!!

it seems everyone knows its there but no-one knows whos in charge????

anybody got any info???????

A guy called Mick Keane used to be in charge, collecting the dues from the traders etc., but I don't know if he is still doing it or if he is even still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

Nice people.

Great town for live music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I met two friends there last night (I was coming from Cahir and they were coming from Mallow). We'd never been in any of the pubs of Mitchelstown before but Pakie Fitz's looked nice. It was full of boorish yobs though. We settled in Aunti Mae's and liked it. Lots of *members of the travelling community* were on the streets, falling over themselves and roaring and shouting disgracefully. All in all, we were left with an unfavourable impression of the place unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I like it, especially for the Indiependence festival in August. There's also a nice Indian there! (Chilli Tandoori I think). O'Callaghan's Deli has the best salad I've ever eaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willkkkkdo

Its not great

Advertisement