Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!! windows 7 gone!!

• 16-08-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I tried to install ubuntu on a dual boot, and whatever way I did it i am after wiping windows 7 from it!! I bought this laptop only last week with windows being on of the reasons for getting it. I need it for certain things. I will want to run ubuntu for day to day stuff but I still need windows!!

Anyway does anyone know how I can get windows back???? I am panicing here because the ubuntu that did install is f**ked up too. the screen is all fuzzy!! So i can't used the laptop at all!! help!!!!

By the way no recover disc in the box. And it is an MSI CR610

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Here suggests you can enter a recovery console using F3 while the computer is booting up (tap it a few times after the power button) If that partition hasn't been wiped it should get you back to factory settings.

If that works you can probably create a recovery disc from windows before going down the ubuntu road again.

There might be a way of recovering your windows partition if it still exists but without a windows disc Im not certain. You can at least see if it will enter the recovery partition. You can always stop before continuing..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AlwaysRight

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Here suggests you can enter a recovery console using F3 while the computer is booting up (tap it a few times after the power button) If that partition hasn't been wiped it should get you back to factory settings.

If that works you can probably create a recovery disc from windows before going down the ubuntu road again.

There might be a way of recovering your windows partition if it still exists but without a windows disc Im not certain. You can at least see if it will enter the recovery partition. You can always stop before continuing..

Partition was wiped. Am I snookered? I really can't believe I spent this much money on what is now just an empty shell. Is there anyway I can download windows or something and enter in my license code thingy. Or any other suggestions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Hmm, legally yeah ya might be snookered. One avenue you might investigate is contacting the seller and explaining your situation. They may be willing to create a recovery disc from an identical system if they have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

The Win7 partition AND the recovery partition were wiped? Is it possible that they're just not showing up correctly in the boot menu (bug #476625)?

Advertisement