Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Football Virgin - need help and it will be a month before I can join Soccer!

Options
  • 16-08-2010 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hey guys,

This is my first year doing Fantasy Football (oh the joys of redundancy!!)

Any hoo - I have one or two questions about it and when tried to join up to Soccer I was told I had to be online for at least a month (only joined up last week!)

If anyone is willing to help me just post!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

drogba

Just read the big thread in there anyway.. Or http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Go for the golden triangle of Chris Kirkland of Wigan, Giles Barnes of West Brom and Shola Ameobi of Newcastle and you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Go for Bebe. He's homeless you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

Thanks guys!

You are stars!! Will go to that site now..

Thinking of transfering Fabregas - hello how can someone worth 12 million not play? He needs a rest - **** that !! Tell me I am wrong.. go on..

I would have gotten more with one of my subs - Craddock or Bowyer??!!

Also - when you transfer do you get the value of your player back to spend as you like and if you don't spend the full amount can you use that then later??

Cheers guys, my dad is doing this for years but he would kill me to think I haven't been listening to him droning on about the whole set up of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

choose west brom and wigin players as your defenders, maybe some newcastle and westham players in the midfeild, and your three forwards, all blackpool.

;)

When you sell, you earn half the profit.. Buy for 10 and if he's 11 when you sell, you get 10.5.

I'm not even doing it this year :(

Oh yeah-and Woodgate in defence. The man is on fire and a nailed on starter.

This isn't the place for this, but anyway.

Don't play Bebe, I was joking.

Get a top striker: Drogba, Rooney or Torres. If fit, their guaranteed to score high amounts of goals.

Then get a couple of other top but not tip top players: Darren Fletcher kinda people.

Fill the rest of your team with dependables, who'll play more than 30 matches a season for a mid table club.

Then you're set pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

oh, and in before the relegation battle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Bellamy up front, Shay Given in goal. Can not go wrong with these two, great players last year

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Bellamy up front, Shay Given in goal. Can not go wrong with these two, great players last year

Both are going to be on the move though, would avoid that kinda situation.

Just read the big thread in there anyway.. Or http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/

Cheers for the link but it didn't work - I tried .com and a site came up - is it what you were talking about?

rebelmomma wrote: »
    Cheers for the link but it didn't work - I tried .com and a site came up - is it what you were talking about?

Link works fine?

Superbus wrote: »
    Both are going to be on the move though, would avoid that kinda situation.

I have Gomes and Jaskelainen (sorry if it is wrong but it is a good enough shot and I am tired!)

In Defence i have Vermaelen, Terry, Evra and Dunne

Midfield - Petrov, Fabregas, Giggs and Bale

Strikers - Enelka and di Santo

I know I am only one gameweek in.. but look, i just want to beat the hubbie really! Haven't told him I am doing it this year and I haven't a hope of finding out his team.

Any advice would be welcome!

Superbus wrote: »
    Link works fine?

WTF - works fine for me now too!! Freaky deak! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Drogba,Malouda and Lampard as captain....Fulham and Villa defenders....after that just make up numbers.

oh and I f*cking hate Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

you've spent too much on your defenders. Get 2 cheaper defenders and buy a better forward cus di santo will do feck all.

Drogba,Malouda and Lampard as captain....Fulham and Villa defenders....after that just make up numbers.

oh and I f*cking hate Chelsea.

good to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Titus Bramble. *Nuff said.

*Please don't actually sign him, for the good of your team and health, I was joking.

• Advertisement

I have Gomes and Jaskelainen (sorry if it is wrong but it is a good enough shot and I am tired!)

In Defence i have Vermaelen, Terry, Evra and Dunne

Midfield - Petrov, Fabregas, Giggs and Bale

Strikers - Enelka and di Santo

I know I am only one gameweek in.. but look, i just want to beat the hubbie really! Haven't told him I am doing it this year and I haven't a hope of finding out his team.

Any advice would be welcome!

Ok...

I'm going to be serious now even if it pains me.

Your defence is FAR too strong. You should only have one defender at 7m and even then you don't even need to. Out of all those I would go for Terry. Then for the rest of my defenders I would have one at 5.5, probably O'Shea, Jagielka or Dawson of Spurs. Then fill the rest of your defence with 4.5-4m valued players from teams such as Birmingham, Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn. Examples are Givet, Higginbotham and Dann. You could also pick up a Fulham defender like Hughes for 5m.

Midfield-Lampard is a must. Hold out on Fabregas until he starts firing. Then go for a couple of 8.5m midfielders like Arteta, Valencia or Ashley Young. After that I would go for a 6-6.5m midfielder like Petrov, Etherington and Bale. Then you could have an impact midfielder there for 4.5-5.5m like Albrighton or Dorrans.

Your forward line needs Drogba. Then stick in a cheaper striker for about 6.5. Perhaps Zamora or Carlton Cole or you could go even cheaper and get someone like Doyle or Kalinic.

Then for your subs just have cheap players that play like Harewood, Baptiste etc.

Good luck and ignore my previous posts!

EDIT: If you can find space for Malouda in your midfield you're laughing. To do this you'll probably have to leave out your 7m rated defenders and just go for solid cheaper ones. As I said Lampard and Drogba are must haves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Liam Ridgewell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Cantona up front is a must.

Ok...

I'm going to be serious now even if it pains me.

Your defence is FAR too strong. You should only have one defender at 7m and even then you don't even need to. Out of all those I would go for Terry. Then for the rest of my defenders I would have one at 5.5, probably O'Shea, Jagielka or Dawson of Spurs. Then fill the rest of your defence with 4.5-4m valued players from teams such as Birmingham, Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn. Examples are Givet, Higginbotham and Dann. You could also pick up a Fulham defender like Hughes for 5m.

Midfield-Lampard is a must. Hold out on Fabregas until he starts firing. Then go for a couple of 8.5m midfielders like Arteta, Valencia or Ashley Young. After that I would go for a 6-6.5m midfielder like Petrov, Etherington and Bale. Then you could have an impact midfielder there for 4.5-5.5m like Albrighton or Dorrans.

Your forward line needs Drogba. Then stick in a cheaper striker for about 6.5. Perhaps Zamora or Carlton Cole or you could go even cheaper and get someone like Doyle or Kalinic.

Then for your subs just have cheap players that play like Harewood, Baptiste etc.

Good luck and ignore my previous posts!

EDIT: If you can find space for Malouda in your midfield you're laughing. To do this you'll probably have to leave out your 7m rated defenders and just go for solid cheaper ones. As I said Lampard and Drogba are must haves.

Thanks for the info! I knew myself I was overspending on the Defence.

The big question now is do I do the changes now and suck up the loss of points? or give it a week or two and see how I am going.

i am very impatient so feel like changing it now and hope for the best.. but don't think it will come into action till end of this game week?

Thanks for the info! I knew myself I was overspending on the Defence.

The big question now is do I do the changes now and suck up the loss of points? or give it a week or two and see how I am going.

i am very impatient so feel like changing it now and hope for the best.. but don't think it will come into action till end of this game week?

I presume you have heard of the wildcard rule. With this you can make as many changes as you want for free. You have 2 wildcards over the course of the season. One that can be used anytime and one that must be used between gameweeks 25-27 or something like that.

If you are going to make all these changes then you definitely better play your wildcard or it will cost you a ridiculous amount of points. Once you make your wildcard changes you can change your team around as much as you want between now and the next deadline which is Saturday morning.

I presume you have heard of the wildcard rule. With this you can make as many changes as you want for free. You have 2 wildcards over the course of the season. One that can be used anytime and one that must be used between gameweeks 25-27 or something like that.

If you are going to make all these changes then you definitely better play your wildcard or it will cost you a ridiculous amount of points. Once you make your wildcard changes you can change your team around as much as you want between now and the next deadline which is Saturday morning.

Yes, Had heard of Wildcard but thought it applied later in the season only as you said. good to know i can use it now! I think i need to go through lists here and make my choices and then do it!! But perhaps I will sleep on it first! Thanks for your help I will post to let you know how I get on this week

fingers crossed

Yes, Had heard of Wildcard but thought it applied later in the season only as you said. good to know i can use it now! I think i need to go through lists here and make my choices and then do it!! But perhaps I will sleep on it first! Thanks for your help I will post to let you know how I get on this week

fingers crossed

No worries and one last thing:

Your keepers-go cheap as well. Both ideally should be 4.5m and again come from teams like Blackburn, Birmingham, Bolton, Wolves. Try not to have 2 defenders and keepers from the same team on your team cos if they concede you're in trouble. I usually pick cheap defenders and goalkeepers and alternate between them depending on who they are playing each week.

Lastly, as someone else pointed out-look at fantasyfootballscout.co.uk each week for tips and team news/injuries.

Advertisement