Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsweek ranks Brian Cowen among world's best leaders

Options
123457»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Why the hell anyone would buy "Newsweek" in this day and age is beyond me.

It's a tiny little magazine. The quality of the paper is about the same as the Evening Echo. It's ridiculous.

I could make a magazine as good as Newsweek in a couple of hours every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Newsweek wrote:
    The Fiscal Taskmaster: Brian Cowen

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6 herself123

Today, we see Mr. Cowan's true colours. His sellout of our country to the dictators in Brussles, the bailing out of our gangster bankers, the stroke pulling that he has got away with for ages, the 90 odd jobs he has 'manufactured' quickly for his cronies before the general election in march.
    He has now resigned as leader of his party but insists on staying on as Taoseach (Priminister). Obviously he believes he is not good enough to lead his party but is apparently good enough to run this country. If Newsweek thinks that highly of this man, then we are open to offers, free to a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Do people look at date and timestamps anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

herself123 wrote: »
    Today, we see Mr. Cowan's true colours. His sellout of our country to the dictators in Brussles, the bailing out of our gangster bankers, the stroke pulling that he has got away with for ages, the 90 odd jobs he has 'manufactured' quickly for his cronies before the general election in march.
    He has now resigned as leader of his party but insists on staying on as Taoseach (Priminister). Obviously he believes he is not good enough to lead his party but is apparently good enough to run this country. If Newsweek thinks that highly of this man, then we are open to offers, free to a good home.

Despite the colourful language and dramatic overtones which are akin to reading a biased newspaper article or any politician I just want to make a comment on the fact that Cowen is only going to be in it for another couple of weeks means he can get the stuff he wants done while FF regroup.

People disagree with letting FF regroup but IMO its better then letting FF go through getting a new Taoseach elected and getting their party sorted all at the same time. All that would do is prolong it further towards the March 11.

What I think we can all agree on is getting the election moved as close as possible to get the farce that has been the past few weeks out of the way. What I dont think many will agree on but at the very least will acknowledge the logic is to get FF out but let them try and gain a decent opposition base. They will never be in power after the election anyway.

Labour and FG seem scared of FF getting more seats in a week or two then they would now so they want to have everything happen tomorrow but they are looking out for their own good just as much as FF.

If we end up with a FG and Labour coalition and a demolished FF there would be the Greens and SF keeping the new government on their toes?

For all that I dont want FF in government I could not stand to have the other two showers in on their own with a big majority, then with the Seanad gone too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

snyper wrote: »
    Yes, and we'd be a modern day Armenia

We need to keep this country running.

We need to keep encouraging inward investmant.

Capitalism is apparently a dirty word to some people.

Where do you think money comes from?

I think it was some arsewipe in Sinn Feinn that said People are what makes an economy great - or words to that effect.. well Ethopia is full of people, but they dont have much of an economy.

Its government policy that makes a sucessful working economy. Its implementing of structures for the people to create the wealth of the nation from taxation created by business men and women.

Wheather you like Brian Cowen or not, is one thing, he has the carisma of a old roll of carpet and the people skills of a serial rapist.. but the reality is he is a good politician and a smart man.. personally i dont like him or loath him, ive no particular opinion on him.

We'd be a modern day Iceland.

Advertisement