Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dominos For Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Centrepoint, eh? The students will love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

Centrepoint, eh? The students will love it!

Probably the most expensive pizza delivery in town-far better options out there for tasty pizza imo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Probably the most expensive pizza delivery in town-far better options out there for tasty pizza imo

Yeah, homemade :D it's ridiculously easy to make pizza, you don't even need to use proper dough if the alternative is going to be dominoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I think I've only got dominos once in my life. Why?? Cheaper better options available. How is it doing so well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Mactard wrote: »
    Yeah, homemade :D it's ridiculously easy to make pizza, you don't even need to use proper dough if the alternative is going to be dominoes.
    I worked in Supermacs once upon a time. I used to make pizzas from scratch, dough and all. If my stupid ass can make it, any idiot can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Curious as to how you know its Dominos....the name Mr. Brian MacGoey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Shanley wrote: »

He's a ex Munster player who owns all the Domino's in the west of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Shanley wrote: »

Yeah I'm pretty positive it is considering if you google brian Mac goey the first thing that pops up refers to the man who brought the dominos franchise to Ireland, it didn't take too much logical reasoning, also have heard it from a current resident of centrepoint who was told this also

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think the only reason this chain thrives is it stays open later than most other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Mizzoni's 3am has won me over a few times now post clubbing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Mizzoni's 3am has won me over a few times now post clubbing.

374d1201283497-click-2-care-click-free-generate-donations-your-favorite-causes-save-baby-seals.jpg

Maybe they are moving their place out of town. They seem to have parking problems where they are now.

Would they do much walk in business?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Maybe they are moving their place out of town. They seem to have parking problems where they are now.

Would they do much walk in business?

They did from me when i used to live in the city centre......best thing for my health i ever did was move out of galway. :) fackn love dominos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I cant believe how lazy some people around the Forster Court area are. They order their pizza from Dominoes (and I presume pay for delivery). The delivery guys dont even use their cars, they just run around the corner with the pizza.

Not really, they had for at least 6mths(from Jan till June) ''buy one get one free'' vouchers on the back of Dunnes receipts, not sure are they still doing them, haven't been getting much pizzas and id usually find the receipts round the house as i don't go to Dunnes myself.

They are by far the nicest, i used to occasionally even get them without the ''buy one get one free'', nice and saucy and the dip is lovely. Close second now would be Papa Johns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I think the only reason this chain thrives is it stays open later than most other places.

They do? Over here they close at 12 or 1, Mizzoni is open til at least 2 every night, and 4 or 5am on the weekends.

Also, who the **** doesn't pay half price for dominos? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

amacachi wrote: »
    They do? Over here they close at 12 or 1, Mizzoni is open til at least 2 every night, and 4 or 5am on the weekends.

Also, who the **** doesn't pay half price for dominos? :pac:

Do this Mizzoni shower deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Isn't the whole deal about Mizzoni's that they only deliver. They don't have a shop. Also who needs to take out pizza when Chicago Town pizzas are alway cheaper and just as nice

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yessir, and I must say the missus and I agree - they are awesome, hands down the best in galway for pizza (at least they were 7mths ago when I last ate their pizza :o - no longer in Ireland you see)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mizzonis do really nice grub, cheapest pizzas going too i think? Only gave them a go recently, they also take competitor coupons :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

A buddy of mine use to work in there and he said the cost of a large pizza including all overheads is about €3.60 and these pizzas sell for €20+ :rolleyes: I dont really see the logic tbh! A frozen pizza is a sixth of the price and roughly the same in taste!
    Each to their own i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

I cant believe how lazy some people around the Forster Court area are. They order their pizza from Dominoes (and I presume pay for delivery). The delivery guys dont even use their cars, they just run around the corner with the pizza.

Delivery is free as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

KevR wrote: »

It was when I used to deliver anyway...

Sols12 wrote: »
    A buddy of mine use to work in there and he said the cost of a large pizza including all overheads is about €3.60 and these pizzas sell for €20+ :rolleyes: I dont really see the logic tbh! A frozen pizza is a sixth of the price and roughly the same in taste!
    Each to their own i suppose!

Thats why they're happy everywhere to do ''buy one get one free'' E10 for each large pizza isn't too bad.

Frozen pizzas are ok from time to time, but they're not as nice tbh.

KevR wrote: »
    spender.j wrote: »
    It was when I used to deliver anyway...

Sure it is :rolleyes: conveniently the carry out price is less than the delivery price.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Mactard wrote: »
    Sure it is :rolleyes: conveniently the carry out price is less than the delivery price.

This should be illegal i've been saying it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

EI111 wrote: »
    This should be illegal i've been saying it for years
    you should say it somewhere other than an internet forum if you care so much

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

DRakE wrote: »
    you should say it somewhere other than an internet forum if you care so much

Did you get out on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
    How do you know I haven't? How do you come to the conclusion that I care enough to take action? I've been saying good morning to people all my life, do you think I should actively see to it that they in fact do have a good morning?

Why the attitude? If you need to feel big why not do it somewhere other than an internet forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Seems the planning was refused yesterday according to the link in the first post..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Yeah but it basically says it will be approved if there are minor changes to the application. Think it's to do with opening hours.

Advertisement