Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur Champions League Thread

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Welcome to the Tottenham Hotspur Champions League thread.

Some team news ahead of our first ever champions league game.....

Jermaine Jenas is out of the running for our Champions League play-off first leg at Young Boys on Tuesday night. Harry Redknapp reported that the midfielder damaged a calf in training on Sunday and JJ hasn't travelled out to Switzerland. Ledley King has also remained at home after playing in Saturday's goalless draw against City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Woohhooo a Spurs Champions League thread,NICE!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Looking forward to listening to the Champions league music ( excuse my ignorance - dont have a clue what its called) and watching the mighty Spurs walk out onto the pitch. Its a long time coming so lets hope the lads put on a good show tonight and can finish the job off at WHL next week. Cannot wait for the game later.
    COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I also cannot wait,

I remain cautious as I always do with spurs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Lads im planking it :eek:

I know our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot has decreased a huge amount under Arry but its still us , Spurs . If ever there's a club that can make a clanger out of a situation then its us. Lets hope for no goals in the away then we do em when we get them back to WHL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

kakee wrote: »
    Welcome to the Tottenham Hotspur Champions League thread.

Some team news ahead of our first ever champions league game.....

Jermaine Jenas is out of the running for our Champions League play-off first leg at Young Boys on Tuesday night. Harry Redknapp reported that the midfielder damaged a calf in training on Sunday and JJ hasn't travelled out to Switzerland. Ledley King has also remained at home after playing in Saturday's goalless draw against City.

jenas is on his way to juve on loan apparently. no way will we lose this tie in my opinion. obviously nothing is for certain but we should win tonight and kill them at the lane

• Advertisement

id say tonight will be

gomes

corluka -- kaboul -- bassong -- ekotto

gio ---- hudd
    palacious ---bale

keane --- pav

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Missing the game tonight because I have a match of my own:mad::mad::mad: I reckon the starting XI will be the same as the weekend though with Kaboul replacing King. Mickman, there's no way he'd leave Modric on the bench! Also he dosent like Keane so I doubt he'll start with him. I'd like to see Pav starting with Defoe though, our two best strikers IMO.

THFC wrote: »
    Missing the game tonight because I have a match of my own:mad::mad::mad: I reckon the starting XI will be the same as the weekend though with Kaboul replacing King. Mickman, there's no way he'd leave Modric on the bench! Also he dosent like Keane so I doubt he'll start with him. I'd like to see Pav starting with Defoe though, our two best strikers IMO.

he coudl leave luca on the bench and see how it goes. he was tired on sat and could keep him fresh for stoke on sat,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I agree re Modric,

I can see him taking a defensive enough line up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

mickman wrote: »
    he coudl leave luca on the bench and see how it goes. he was tired on sat and could keep him fresh for stoke on sat,
    I dunno, I think he should at least prioritise this tie because if we lose we're in the shítty Europa League and we'll end up touring Eastern Europe to play crappy teams... Besides Modric should be able to play tonight and the weekend, he's sooo important to us. Is that the team you want to see or the team you think Harry will play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I have a feeling that he is gonna go 4-5-1 tonight, counter attacking footy due to the fact that we must ensure that we've kept a clean sheet. I see Keane being the lone front man, like in the pre-season games although I am probably way wrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

I think Harry will go with :

Gomes
    Corluka-Dawson-Bassong-BAE
    Lennon-Palacios-Hudd-Bale
    Keane
    Pav

Harry did mention Luka was knackered after playing 90 mins in midweek and then the game against City on Saturday. Palacios is exactly the player we need tonight to break up the oppositions play.

A draw tonight and we should progress at home next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I dont know lads , I see him setting out to protect ourselves and not give a goal away. He might just change the system slightly with a 4-2-3-1

Thud and Wilson could sit infront of the back 4 and with bale at left back and Kranjcar on the left wing , Luca in the middle and Lennon out right. All 3 could drift in and out with the two full backs getting forward and still be protected by Thud and Wilson. Dont know who he'd go with up front alone!

THFC wrote: »
    I dunno, I think he should at least prioritise this tie because if we lose we're in the shítty Europa League and we'll end up touring Eastern Europe to play crappy teams... Besides Modric should be able to play tonight and the weekend, he's sooo important to us. Is that the team you want to see or the team you think Harry will play?

id like to see that team. its still a very strong 11 and should be more than capable of winning. forgot all about niko!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

This crowd play on a plastic pitch lads and beat fenerbache. I am dreading us getting a 0-0 tonight and thinking its a good result. I'd rather lose and let that formulate our tactics for the home leg.

For what its worth YBB are an amazing price at 9/2 to win a home game on a plastic pitch.

if we don't score tonight I've a feeling we are goosed. never been as nervous for a Spurs game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Is tonight being televised ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

yep. tv3 an sky sports 2/hd ... coverage starts at half 7 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Team just announced, Pav and JD upfront :D

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

TEAM:
    Gomes;
    Corluka, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto;
    Giovani, Palacios, Modric, Bale;
    ----Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Subs: Cudicini, Kaboul, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Lennon, Crouch, Keane.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

at work :(
    any streams ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

leonards wrote: »
    at work :(
    any streams ?

On tv3.ie too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

whats with the change of sponsors on the shirts??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

embarrassing start!

whats with the change of sponsors on the shirts??????

its a cup competition shirt. europe n domestic cups. more money making scam

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

IBTL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Where has our passing game from Saturday gone? Shocking !

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

This may well be a very short lived thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

These boys are 7th in the Swiss league.

This is a really shocking start by Spurs - smacks of complacency.

Definitely get Pavlyuchenko off. Assou-Ekotto is having a mare as well.

• Advertisement

i cant believe this

Advertisement