Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur Champions League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Heya, we ordered tickets online before we went and collected them at the stadium. It seems Ac are not planning on selling online tickets for this game, probably due to the fact that the place was full of spurs at the last game. I fly out the morning of the game and ive read you can buy tickets in the banks over there or at the ground. The fact we have irish passports should make it easy enough to get hold of.

We sat in the so called neutral zone, just below and beside Are away allocation at the far end from the nutters. It was fine, no trouble and we had a laff with some inter fans. I would research which end the ac milan fans sit at and plan to be near the spurs official allocation or along the sides.

Ill post more when i know exactly what ill do this time round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

Does anyone know is it worthwhile signing up to the One hotspur lilywhite mid season membership to try and get tickets for the AC game in March?? I got flights with ryanair for me, a friend and the old man (€45pp) a month back, but the allocation does go through all the one hotspur ranks first doesnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Does anyone know is it worthwhile signing up to the One hotspur lilywhite mid season membership to try and get tickets for the AC game in March?? I got flights with ryanair for me, a friend and the old man (€45pp) a month back, but the allocation does go through all the one hotspur ranks first doesnt it?

Could be worth a gamble alright. If you;re online the on Thursday week at 9.30 you'll have as good a chance as any other member of getting a ticket. For this fixture all members (bronze and lilywhite) will go on sale at teh same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Bit costly just for one game. Lilywhite is around £30 plus a match ticket for AC is going to be £50. Still if you intend to get to more games before the season end then it would make sense to get the membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Looks as if Bale will miss the first leg against AC. According to Harry he is nearly fit but Tuesday is a bit too soon. I reckon he will feature for sure and it would be better to start him then bring him on as sub and then end up having to take him off if the injury reoccurs.
    For Milan Pirlo is out of both legs after suffering knee ligament damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Updated squad

Goalkeepers

No.NamePG1Heurelho Gomes4023Carlo Cudicini3037Stipe Pletikosa00
    Defenders

No.NamePG2Alan Hutton403Gareth Bale644Younes Kaboul3113William Gallas4019Sébastien Bassong3020Michael Dawson0022Vedran Ćorluka2026Ledley King2032Benoît Assou-Ekotto6039Jonathan Woodgate00

Midfielders

No.NamePG6Tom Huddlestone407Aaron Lennon608Jermaine Jenas6011Rafael van der Vaart3212Wilson Palacios5014Luka Modrić4121Niko Kranjčar2029Jake Livermore0030Sandro0040Steven Pienaar0044Nathan Byrne0047Jake Nicholson00
    Forwards

No.NamePG9Roman Pavlyuchenko4315Peter Crouch6218Jermain Defoe22

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same team minus Jenas that started today Pieenar in the centre and Lennon out wide perhaps. Unless VDV or Modric make it

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jmcc001

lads any 1 know when is the draw for the next round

18 March at 12.00CET live on uefa.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Inter through on away goals tonight, I know I'd rather avoid them in the next round as they'll be well up for revenge. That makes Barca, Utd, Chelsea, and Inter all teams I'd like us to avoid. You could realistically add Real to that list too. I guess it's tough though - we're in the last 8 so we have to expect to play the best teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

schalke or shaktar would be the draw we want , but i'd luv a crack off united.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

BERBA wrote: »
    schalke or shaktar would be the draw we want , but i'd luv a crack off united.

Don't underestimate Shakhtar, they dispatched Roma without any fuss while we were limping over the line against Milan. Assuming Chelsea and Real get through my preference would be:

1. Schalke
    2. United
    3. Shakhtar
    4. Real
    5. Inter
    6. Chelsea
    7. Barcelona

But whoever we get, it's a Champions League Quarter-Final, and we are in there!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Personally I'd want to avoid Chelsea and United at all costs. No occasion there and they have all the experience against us.

Real or Barca would still be my first choice. When can we ever say we'll get a chance to have a crack of the best team (debateably) of the last 40 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

I want Man U all the way. The pro's and cons as I see them.

Shaktar - Too good at home and too far to travel, knocked us out of Europe easily a few years ago- NO

Chelsea- No novelty factor but we can beat them- YES

Schalke- The weakest team left in it- YES

Utd- Same as Chelsea only a lot weaker at the moment- YES x100

Barca- Too good for us- NO

Real- Will beat us easily in Spain- were only team to win at WHL for long time - NO

Inter- Out for revenge big time, sick of San Siro- NO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

golfball37 wrote: »
    I want Man U all the way. The pro's and cons as I see them.

Shaktar - Too good at home and too far to travel, knocked us out of Europe easily a few years ago- NO

Chelsea- No novelty factor but we can beat them- YES

Schalke- The weakest team left in it- YES

Utd- Same as Chelsea only a lot weaker at the moment- YES x100

Barca- Too good for us- NO

Real- Will beat us easily in Spain- were only team to win at WHL for long time - NO

Inter- Out for revenge big time, sick of San Siro- NO

How far have we come in the last two years !!!!! COYS :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd take Inter or Shalke as my favourite tie to be honest. I'm hoping Man Utd get Chelsea, to remove one of the two other english teams.

I suppose there is no easy game or bad tie. Even getting Real/Barca like I mentioned will bring a big sense of occasion.

United/Chelsea/Inter we can take at the lane and just hope we do well away.

Shaktar/Shalke I think we could nick an away win and hopefully don't choke at home.

In all honesty the perfect draw:

Spurs v Shalke

United v Chelsea

Barca v Real

Inter v Shaktar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Personally I want Schalke, get to a semi final and then anybody :D

In fairness this time even 12 months ago can you imagine saying that we want to avoid Inter Milan in the champions league because we made them look like chumps in the group stages.

It's a funny old game.

I would llike us to get either Real or Man Utd

kakee wrote: »
    I would llike us to get either Real or Man Utd

I am delighted with that, away in the first leg too which is important. I bet Van Der Vaart can't wait for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ronaldo may miss both ties against us with a hamstring injury. Dont know if thats good news or bad news. We all know two things about him,
    1. He plays for himself.
    2. He doesn't perform in the big games.
    Plus, if he does miss out it'll be Kaka that will be replacing him:eek:! Give me Ronnie over Kaka any day of the week!

Ronaldo may miss both ties against us with a hamstring injury. Dont know if thats good news or bad news. We all know two things about him,
    1. He plays for himself.
    Plus, if he does miss out it'll be Kaka that will be replacing him:eek:! Give me Ronnie over Kaka any day of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I read yesterday that he has 37 goals in 42 games or something like that?
    If thats true - thank f**k he's missing, bring on Kaka.

Up till the last couple weeks had over a goal a game average this season. that is insane and going by that form I'd also take Kaka all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I don't recall Ronaldo ever struggling to perform against us in the past, so him missing the games will be a blessing IMHO.

Still, handy replacement all the same :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

THFC wrote: »
    1. He plays for himself.

You serious man ? I'd rather face Kaka than Ronaldo every day of the week. It's a bit harsh to say he doesn't perform in the big games too imo.

Lads, come on, I genuinely can't remember an important match that Ronaldo played well in. Granted he scored in the CL final but apart from that he was anonymous, he also missed a penalty, and he missed one in the Nou Camp in the CL semi-final. And remember last year against Lyon in the CL last XI?? He was brutal when the pressure was on, trying all these fancy flicks and shooting from 40 yards á la the other important goal he's got in his career. Not to mention the 3 El Classico's he's found himself in - doing zilch. I would absolutely love if he was playing against us, and I wouldn't care if it was Charlie, Hutton or 'Arry himself marking him. And remember the CL will be very different to any PL game against us.

Kaka on the other hand will be a different kettle of fish. He thrives under pressure. I'd fear him running at us on the counter attack. Ronaldo as we all know would just go himself.

Lads, come on, I genuinely can't remember an important match that Ronaldo played well in. Granted he scored in the CL final but apart from that he was anonymous, he also missed a penalty, and he missed one in the Nou Camp in the CL semi-final. And remember last year against Lyon in the CL last XI?? He was brutal when the pressure was on, trying all these fancy flicks and shooting from 40 yards á la the other important goal he's got in his career. Not to mention the 3 El Classico's he's found himself in - doing zilch. I would absolutely love if he was playing against us, and I wouldn't care if it was Charlie, Hutton or 'Arry himself marking him. And remember the CL will be very different to any PL game against us.

Kaka on the other hand will be a different kettle of fish. He thrives under pressure. I'd fear him running at us on the counter attack. Ronaldo as we all know would just go himself.

Look at the stats mate. Look at the goals he has scored and the trophys he has won, that says it all for me. If Ronaldo misses the Spurs game, I'll be delighted.

Fair enough, ye're opinion:) I won't argue it further, but Real (IMO) would be a bigger threat without Ronnie.
    And I will be more than happy to admit if I'm wrong.

/my contribution

• Advertisement

Fair enough, ye're opinion:) I won't argue it further, but Real (IMO) would be a bigger threat without Ronnie.
    And I will be more than happy to admit if I'm wrong.

/my contribution

:D 27 league goals this season , over 40 in all competitions, are you saying they'd be ahead of Barca in La Liga if he wasn't playing for them ;)

Advertisement