Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur Champions League Thread

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭condor26

Mixed feelings about him being out, any chance to see Ronaldo is a treat.
    But any game not playing against him is also a treat.
    I'd imagine he's gutted he might miss the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Tim Sherwood reckons he'll be available. He says hes just sciving off because Portugal have 2 friendly games. He'll be fit.

I remember Zokora snuffing him out doing a man marking job a couple of times, maybe we could use Palacios in a similar role

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Word in the press here in Spain is he is just looking for a rest, and doesn't want to play the friendlies for Portugal. I'd say he just doesn't want to get injured before the run-in towards the end of the season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭happy hotspur

Id say both Ronaldo and Bale will play in both legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Looks like Benzema is struggling to be fit, thigh injury

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ronaldo, Benzema and Marcelo all looking like they'll miss the first leg.
    BBC wrote:
    Ronaldo is struggling with a hamstring injury, while striker Karim Benzema has sustained a thigh problem and full-back Marcelo has sore ribs.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/12935419.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kiith wrote: »
    Ronaldo, Benzema and Marcelo all looking like they'll miss the first leg.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/12935419.stm
    I heard Sandro gave him a good knock in the ribs alright in Brazil training :P

If our journey is to end here then so be it. We never really got going against Madrid, giving them a goal start and then an extra man.
    I for one am happier watching my team play in the quarter finals of the champions league than scrapping for a mid table position, its not so long ago our ambitions stretched to getting into the europa league.
    Thanks to all in involved with Spurs for providing us with some great moments in the champions league and may we get there again if not next season then soon thereafter. COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

its not over yet.

we have one more game left and a its a biug one. the mighty REAL MADRID have to come and play a competitive match in europes elite competition against TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR at white hart lane........

miracle aside that will be the end of our champions league.

i for one am a proud spurs supporter even if i wasnt last night.

COME ON YOU SPURS

Team news Tottenham v Real

Tottenham
    Redknapp's personnel worries eased on Saturday when Younes Kaboul and Tom Huddlestone made their first appearances of 2011. Vedran Ćorluka shook off an ankle problem to line up at right-back though he suffered a similar injury and is a minor doubt for Wednesday. Aaron Lennon, a late withdrawal with illness in Madrid, is availablefor a side shorn of the suspended Peter Crouch.
    Madrid
    Sami Khedira is back after missing Saturday's Athletic Club win with flu and Karim Benzema is poised to return after a fortnight out with a torn hamstring. Pedro León, Fernando Gago and Lassana Diarra all sat out training on Tuesday, while Pepe is suspended following his first-leg booking.

• Advertisement

Thanks Spurs for a great first Champions League season. There have been so many memorable moments along the way and everyone from management, players and fans can be proud of what we have acheived.

TO DARE IS TO DO

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Thanks Spurs for a great first Champions League season. There have been so many memorable moments along the way and everyone from management, players and fans can be proud of what we have acheived.

TO DARE IS TO DO

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Champions League 1992-2010

Man U 2nd Round (3 visits to make it as far as 1/4'ers)

Arsenal 2nd Round (3 visits to make it as far as 1/4'ers)

Liverpool 1st visit and made 1/4'ers

Chelsea 1st visit and made 1/4'ers

Spurs 1st visit and made 1/4'ers

Not too bad, now we have got to push on and make it back into Champions League for next season.
    It wouldn't be the same without us and our Goals Goals Goals ( for & against):eek::eek:

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Liamu2

Just won 600€ with Madrid and Shelka win @6/1 :)

Thank you Ronaldo/Gomez + Raul :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The adventure is over now but it was fantastic while it lasted,pity about the way it fizzled out in the end but it was Real Madrid after all,still 4th place to play for so our season is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Liamu2

I agree they did very well , i usually go for spurs but they had a great run

Advertisement