Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur Champions League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

oppiuy wrote: »
    whats the date for milan away

what are the dates for all ties?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Confirmed by Spurs Mobile:

Bremen away 14/9
    Twente home - 29/9
    Inter away 20/10
    Inter home 2/11
    Bremen home 24/11
    Twente away 7/12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Bremen away 14/9
    Twente home - 29/9
    Inter away 20/10
    Inter home 2/11
    Bremen home 24/11
    Twente away 7/12
    Good man Bremen away tough one to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Very win-able group! Rafa wont be happy drawing us, never won at WHL when Harry was manager in 3 (?) attempts. As for Bremen I wasnt overly impressed with them against Samp. We should be aiming for all 6 against Twente. Delighted boys. Champions League!:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Bremen away 14/9
    Twente home - 29/9
    Inter away 20/10
    Inter home 2/11
    Bremen home 24/11
    Twente away 7/12

thanks reckless. need to try get time off work now!!:D

West Brom AWAY 11/9

Bremen away 14/9

Wolves Home 18/9

West Ham AWAY 25/9

Twente home - 29/9

Aston Villa Home 2/10

Fulham AWAY 16/10

Inter away 20/10

Everton Home 23/10

Man Utd Away 30/10

Inter home 2/11

Bolton Away 6/11

Arsenal Away 21/11

Bremen home 24/11

Liverpool Home 28/11

Birmingham Away 4/12

Twente away 7/12

Chelsea Home 11/12

Thats a really tough run of games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

im heading over for the fc twente game anyway at the lane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its what we have wanted though. Inter and Bremem away will be tough.
    Pity we did not get AC and Madrid.

when should the tickets be available ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would have loved AC and Madrid but in reality one big two massive games against inter will get those juices flowing and after that it's nice to come out of it with not the worst 2nd and 4th pot teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

That is a really tough run of games but we played some fantastic football towards the end of last season when the pressure games were coming thick and fast. Hopefully we can thrive under the pressure again. We have a strong enough squad to cope with 2 games a week.

It will be interesting to see how Harry uses Ledley during this period.

What dates are the Carling Cup games scheduled to be held? Hopefully we get a handy game at the Lane where the likes of Walker, Naughton, Livermore, Rose and others on the fringes can get a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think we have a good chance of going forward in that group,It could have been worse.I see that Andy Grey has written us off all ready,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

so what flight options are people looking at , reckon ill try and make one of the away games

eoinf wrote: »
    so what flight options are people looking at , reckon ill try and make one of the away games

Bremen: best option is Hamburg with Aer Lingus then train to Bremen (takes about 90mins from airport)

Milan: best option is Aer Lingus to Linate, times are very favourable. Ryanair do Bergamo as well.

Twente: No airport in Enschede, best option is Amsterdam with Aer Lingus then train to Enschede (2hrs) There are NO late trains scheduled back to Amsterdam after the game, but in Eindhoven they laid on a special from the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Looks at this stage if im going to the milan game. My friends are all season ticket holders with huge loyality points so getting a spare shouldnt be a problem. Also it'll prob be easy get a ticket some where in the ground as i believe they rarely sell out over there and we wouldn't be a big name to them

Flights booked with aer lingus. Return is 74 euro right into the city. 0.99 cent each way plus taxes.

Ryaniar to Bergamo is E86 now but was cheaper last nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ultimo

As a spurs fan I am delighted with qualification to the C.L. oppertunities follow now with the lump of cash that playing in the c.l. generates plus the fact i get to watch the mighty spurs playing mid week against inter, bremen and other top European teams. but what are the chances of progressing past the group stage? What do you think?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

keane=cock wrote: »
    lets not get carried away pat!

i quite fancy us to get outta the group n would be happy with that.

LOL - what I meant was that if we don't come second it will be because we have won it not because we came third or fourth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Looks at this stage if im going to the milan game. My friends are all season ticket holders with huge loyality points so getting a spare shouldnt be a problem. Also it'll prob be easy get a ticket some where in the ground as i believe they rarely sell out over there and we wouldn't be a big name to them

wouldnt fancy sitting anywhere there bar with the spurs fans tbh.
    not that I have any choice as it just happens to be my sons 1st birthday that day so not a hope I can go. He was two weeks late arriving so he will get a lot of abuse from me for messing up my european adventure when he's older.. :)

• Advertisement

I hopefull we'll get a big allocation. But if not ill be quiet as a mouse

I hopefull we'll get a big allocation. But if not ill be quiet as a mouse

too right, think my blond hair (well whats left of it) and pale skin would give me away as not exactly being Italian no matter how quiet I was..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bremen: best option is Hamburg with Aer Lingus then train to Bremen (takes about 90mins from airport)

Milan: best option is Aer Lingus to Linate, times are very favourable. Ryanair do Bergamo as well.

Twente: No airport in Enschede, best option is Amsterdam with Aer Lingus then train to Enschede (2hrs) There are NO late trains scheduled back to Amsterdam after the game, but in Eindhoven they laid on a special from the ground.

Thought Ryanair flew Dublin-Bremen?

does anyone when the details for ticket sales for the home champs league games will be announced?

mickman wrote: »
    does anyone when the details for ticket sales for the home champs league games will be announced?

Mick

I would imagine they will be released this week. Keep an eye on the club website.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Some good news ahead of the game next week in Germany.
    SV Werder Bremen will be without both first-choice centre-backs for their UEFA Champions League Group A opener against Tottenham Hotspur FC after Per Mertesacker joined Naldo in the treatment room

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

Sandro has been left out of the 25 man champions league squad,wont play in the group stage at all.

fabvinny wrote: »
    Sandro has been left out of the 25 man champions league squad,wont play in the group stage at all.

Does he not qualify as an u21?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Does he not qualify as an u21?
    Yeah he's defo classed as u21.

• Advertisement

Goalkeepers

Heurelho Gomes
    Carlo Cudicini
    Stipe Pletikosa

Defenders

Alan Hutton
    Younes Kaboul
    William Gallas
    Sébastien Bassong
    Michael Dawson
    Vedran Ćorluka
    Ledley King
    Benoît Assou-Ekotto

Midfielders

David Bentley
    Tom Huddlestone
    Aaron Lennon
    Jermaine Jenas
    Rafael van der Vaart
    Wilson Palacios
    Luka Modrić
    Niko Kranjčar
    Jamie O'Hara

Forwards

Roman Pavlyuchenko
    Robbie Keane
    Peter Crouch
    Giovani dos Santos
    Jermain Defoe

Coach: Harry Redknapp (ENG)

A noticible abscence Of Gareth Bale so I think him and Sandro must be classed as under 21's right?
    Anyone know for sure I can't find anything on the squad rules except that 8 must be association trained for 3 years between 15 and 21

this is our squad on the Uefa site
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/clubs/club=1652/index.html

Advertisement