Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur Champions League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would imagine it will be a nightmare,

I must admit i'd be tempted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmmm, tough draw, but at least we're away first. Hopefully the slightly more sedate pace of the Italians will suit us anyway, especially with Bale & Lennon. It'll be a cracking couple of games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I suppose its too early for the match thread??:p
    Harry better play a 4-5-1 out there, if we 4-0 down again we're not gonna pull it back, simple as. I'm so nervous for this match already!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Milan just signed Cassano too, apparently. Cassano and Ibra up front is a scary thought, lets hope King and Dawson are both 100per cent

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Would Cassano not be cup tied though? Either way, it would be nice to have both Daws and Ledders back for these games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I am looking at a Milan forum and they are very happy with the draw. Quite confident that Lennon, VDV and Bale will be handled comfortably but Modric worries them. They think our defense will not handle Ibrahimovic while our attack will get nothing against Nesta and Silva. I hope that their players think the same. Didn't realise that KP Boateng is there now

Ticket Information from the official website - doesn't look good for a trip to Milan:

Ticket information for both legs of our Champions League last 16 tie against AC Milan.
    First leg
    AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011
    Ticket Allocation: 5,200
    Price: £15.00
    Applications are now open to Season Ticket Holders with 250 loyalty points or more.
    The deadline for these applications is 5.00pm on Friday, January 7.
    Due to the expected demand for tickets for this fixture and recent application levels from Season Ticket Holders for our Champions League away matches, this limit has been set to manage expectations.
    Should tickets remain available once applications from Season Ticket Holders with 250 points have been processed, we will then open up applications to a further group of Season Ticket Holders.
    To check your loyalty points total you can login to your etickets account and go to "My Account". Any applications made by Season Ticket Holders with less than 250 points at this stage will be automatically disregarded.
    Season Ticket Holders are reminded that they can apply in groups with other Season Ticket Holders who hold the advertised number of loyalty points.
    Following the deadline of Friday, January 7, we will announce the successful loyalty point cut off and only those applicants with the required points total will be allocated a ticket.
    Any successful applicants that do not wish to take their ticket due to fellow members of their group being unsuccessful are asked to contact the Ticket Office to cancel their application at the earliest opportunity. Any cancelled tickets will be allocated to the unsuccessful applicants with the highest loyalty points.
    No tickets will be available for One Hotspur Lilywhite and Bronze Members or non-members for this fixture.
    Second leg
    Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011
    One Hotspur Gold Season Ticket Holders* on the automatic cup scheme are advised that payment for their seat(s) will be processed on Tuesday, February 1. Any supporters whose payments do not authorise will be advised in writing and informed how they can purchase their seat(s) for this match.
    One Hotspur Silver Season Ticket Holders* will be able to purchase their regular seat(s) from 9.30am on Monday, February 7 until 5.00pm on Wednesday, February 9.
    One Hotspur Lilywhite and Bronze Members will be able to purchase tickets from 9.30am on Thursday, February 10.
    There will be no General Sale for this fixture.
    *Season Ticket Holders are advised that once again a number of supporters will have to be relocated to alternative seats in order for us to meet the requirements of UEFA, their sponsors and the media. Supporters who have been moved in previous rounds will be relocated to the same seats. A small number of additional relocations will be made for this match to comply with the increased requirements we are obliged to meet for this stage of the competition. All those affected will be contacted in writing in early January.

£15 for a ticket in the San Siro - not bad:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lads, unless you have access to a season ticket you have NO hope of getting a ticket through Spurs, even the Thomas Cook packages will be oversubscribed IMHO.

Start looking to pick some up through Meelan, one way you can achieve this is to book a hotel then phone/e-mail and ask them to source tickets for you, which they will do.

Lads, unless you have access to a season ticket you have NO hope of getting a ticket through Spurs, even the Thomas Cook packages will be oversubscribed IMHO.

Start looking to pick some up through Meelan, one way you can achieve this is to book a hotel then phone/e-mail and ask them to source tickets for you, which they will do.

Would they be much more expensive?

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Would they be much more expensive?

Depends on what section of the stadium, prices are on their website IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

how hard will it be for a home leg ticket????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

keane=cock wrote: »
    how hard will it be for a home leg ticket????

Just thinking the same. Should be ok 'hopefully'.
    20 quid flights, cheap airport hotel, very tempted to book up.

I'm very tempted to go to this game, why can't I know anymore spurs fans :(

I'm very tempted to go to this game, why can't I know anymore spurs fans :(

If your going the home game, a few of us will meet up no doubt.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If your going the home game, a few of us will meet up no doubt.

hmmmm,

That's even more tempting. How hard would it be to pick up a ticket? i wouldn't have a membership or anything.

hmmmm,

That's even more tempting. How hard would it be to pick up a ticket? i wouldn't have a membership or anything.

Ah there's plenty of nice blokes on this forum :D ....

That's not an offer by the way

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Ah there's plenty of nice blokes on this forum :D ....

That's not an offer by the way

Pity, I'd do allot for a ticket :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

The dates for the Round of 16 matches are first leg in the San Siro on 15 February and the return in WHL on 9 March.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I think we can beat this lot but im disappoint we got them as i have travel to the san siro already this campaign. Never thought i say i wasnt up for spurs v ac milan in the san siro, I save the dosh for Madrid in the quarters!!!

Fot those travelling to Milan you can book tickets on the milan website a week before the Game. they will be with milan supporters but for the inter game it was packed with spurs. Do a bit of research and find out where the Ac nutters go as i think its the opposite end from the Inter ultras. We got ours in the side section for E30 just bring your passport to the game as they check it. Simples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

WILL THERe MANY TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR LILYWHITE MEMBERS to purchase ON FEb 10 for milan game?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭oppiuy

I couldn't live with the fact of turninig down seeing Spurs play ac milan in the san siro so booked me and the gorlfriend flights. ( a nice little treat for st Valentines day/ weekend) flights 100 with Aer lingus and hotel 142 for to nights

I'm gonna go to the lane myself. Must just try and source tickets in the meantime.

3 of us heading to the lane,usually do day trips or family trips,anyone have a good htel with decent restaurants/bars located nearby and of course at a reasonable cost

spursman11 wrote: »
    3 of us heading to the lane,usually do day trips or family trips,anyone have a good htel with decent restaurants/bars located nearby and of course at a reasonable cost

Could do worse than jury's inn in islington, but might need to give colours a miss seeing as that's goon territory. Upper street is a mine of great restaurants.

Could do worse than jury's inn in islington, but might need to give colours a miss seeing as that's goon territory. Upper street is a mine of great restaurants.

And it's quite reasonable too, my folks are staying there for Mancs game next weekend, 120 for 2 nights I think !!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anyone going to home game on 9th March fancy meeting up for a few before game? Im heading over myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

UPDATE, JANUARY 11
    AC Milan v Tottenham Hotspur, Champions League Round of 16 First Leg, Tuesday 15 February, 2011
    Ticket Allocation: 5,200. Price: £15.00

Just saw the above ticket news update on the clubs official site.
    :eek: :eek: £15 :eek::eek: for a Champions League ticket at the San Siro. What a massive difference compared to our starting price of £44 for the return fixture.

PS. In case your wondering, they've all gone to season ticket holders who applied.

Deisler wrote: »
    Anyone going to home game on 9th March fancy meeting up for a few before game? Im heading over myself.

3 of us going once we get tickets,havent decided where to stay ,too much choice,will book accomodation when tickets secured,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 truebluespur

oppiuy wrote: »
    I couldn't live with the fact of turninig down seeing Spurs play ac milan in the san siro so booked me and the gorlfriend flights. ( a nice little treat for st Valentines day/ weekend) flights 100 with Aer lingus and hotel 142 for to nights

Hi, just reading your message, and i was strongly thinking of going to the match also, i would have my 2 kids with me as well (all spurs fans) so i was hoping you could give me some info regarding...where you got the tickets ?, and also would you know the best place to sit as i have the kids with me, any info, or advice would be appreciated. thanks brendan

Advertisement