Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling route in Wicklow

• 17-08-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'll be in Wicklow next week recuperating after Gaelforce with the family. Could some one suggest some routes in the Shillelagh area. Ideally 30 to 50km or thereabouts (I'm on holiday), avoiding main roads if possible. I don't mind hills but nothing too severe. This might be asking too much but a link to google maps or Garmin would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Really hard to avoid hills in that part of the country.
    There is a nice quiet route from Shillelagh towards Carnew, on to Bunclody, Kildavin, Clonegal (option to shorten route here) Heading towards Ardattin, turn at Broomville cross, through Black Lion, into Parkbridge and back to Shillelagh.
    About 30 miles - 50k.
    I'll try to do a map when I get home tonight.
    Might see you at Gaelforce. Enjoy the holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭bikermartin

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/150584

have a look at this one i cycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Thanks guys, will study that when i have time. I'm in westport so if you need any help, directions for the GF w-end (loan of a spanner?) just ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Hi snailsong
    Ended up working late last night so didn't get a chance to do a route map for you.
    We'll be staying in the grounds of Westport House I think (wherever the finish is) so if you fancy a beer after the race drop by.

Advertisement