Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it about the thumb?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

My little one had a slight injury to her 'right' thumb and could not suck it. She spent the night as a 5yr old crying herself to sleep because she could not suck it. It was a fallback to the days of listenting to her cry herself to sleep as a two year old, it was the exact same frustration for child and parent.

The left thumb was not an option so go figure. Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I used to suck my right thumb. The left didn't fit in in the same way, it was of no comfort. Thumb sucking begins in the womb so it's ingrained, it's a hard habit to break. I'm pretty glad that my son doesn't suck his, I was 12 before I could break the habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I was a thumb sucker when I was a kid and would only ever ever suck my left. It must be because I am left handed.

Advertisement