Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McAfee or Norton ?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I have McAfee on laptop and Norton on Desktop.

The McAfee is due for renewable soon and was wondering which one believe is best?

Thanks

Which is best ? 1 vote

McAfee
    0% 0 votes
    Norton
    100% 1 vote
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

norton anos e to much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

neither, there both garbage
    get Eset NOD 32 or go free with Microsoft security essentials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

I think if you had a 3rd option in your poll for 'Neither' then you'd get your answer.

Uninstall everything to do with McAfee or Norton and install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I have AVG. I was going to get norton and was told it slows down the system a lot. This i was told by a couple of people so I would have went with McAfee..

I have AVG however and have been very happy with it. In there second year you buy a 2 year licence for the same price as one year. I am told this is standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

microsoft security essentials is the way to go i have been using it nearly a year now with no problems at all the other two are totally rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Kick ass combo of MS Security essentials and Spybot S&D. I install it on any machine I work on. Including the riddled heap that I was given yesterday that had a spoof spyware app, no AV and hadn't been defragged since 2007. When will people learn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

AVG or AVAST both free editions.... never pay for anti-virus

Advertisement