Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unsure if I've struck gold or a scam

• 17-08-2010 2:14am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm still on the hunt for a new bike and I typed in a particular model into google (Pinarello FP2, although I'm close to giving in and getting a Planet-X) and a few pages in this site came up. Does the old saying "if it looks too good to be true, it usually is" applicaple here? Has anyone dealt with them in the past? I've sent them an email about sizing, shipping and discounts. I might be tempted to be the guinea-pig.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=74146&start=0
    I've asked for Escrow service by Moneybookers.com, they refused. I then asked for full detail of contact person, Name & IC. Bank details, company name & registration number. This guy by the name of Budi Santoso sent me some fake documents which i've verified with the certification company. Now the certification company is going to take legal action against Budi for using their company's name/logo printed on the fake cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Scam. (IMO)

Beware of sites that will not accept credit card payment. Read

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This was my favourite post:
    Having looked at the links I have to say you'd have to be a monumental fool to think that those prices were anything other than a scam.

I'm sorry but if you've lost money to http://www.indo-bikes.com/ you are a mug plain & simple.

:rolleyes:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hmmm, a Pinarello Prince with Di2 and carbon rims for less than what you'd usually pay for the frame only?

Tell you what Captain, you should order one and let us know if it's a scam or not. You'll be doing your fellow forumites a service;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭EH

Team sky have a competition to win a team-issue Pinarello Dogma 60.1 bike on there site here
    If you don't know the answer to the question you don't deserve it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Goood afternoon madam. I am calling from your bank.

There appears to be a pigeon in your bank account and we need your bank account number and sort code so that we can go into your bank account and remove the pigeon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Woeful website. Got bored before it had finished loading. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Capt. don`t waste your hard earned on a new bike. Just take you`re time and get a 2nd hand bike at half the price OR spend your full budget and get a much higher spec bike....! seriously way to go. Get in touch my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭leftism

That site gave me a headache after 2 mins....

Nothing says reputable bike website like swirly hallucinagenic neon colours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

TheDocMan wrote: »
    get a 2nd hand bike at half the price OR spend your full budget and get a much higher spec bike
    Where's a good place to look for these and how do you spot the scams?

Just spotted the Cycling Adverts forum. Anywhere else recommended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Where's a good place to look for these and how do you spot the scams?

Just spotted the Cycling Adverts forum. Anywhere else recommended?
    If you're looking for 2ndhand Gumtree, Buy & Sell, donedeal.ie,..

If you're worried about the meet-up for the transaction bring a friend with you (the bigger the better).

If you buy from someone here and they've got a substantial boards presence (lots of posts) then they're probably trustworthy.

The way to avoid scams is just through general common sense really.

If you see a bike you like then do a bit of research online to get an idea of it's value and suitability for your intended purpose for it.

Advertisement