Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts UCC vs Arts UL

Options
  • 17-08-2010 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi lads,just wondering why is the points requirement much higher in the UL than in UCC to do arts? whats the difference and significance of which college i go to?sorry if this is a stupid question but all the websites about colleges confuse me and dont actually give me what i wanna know.
    My plan is to do arts and then go do secondary school teaching with a possible subject choice of economics geography german maths.. but have geog and maths as my teaching subjects.
    I do pass LC maths and would like to teach higher level maths at JC level and pass at LC level
    Any help and guidance from people would be great thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

With points its all down to demand Vs amount of places. UCC has ALOT of places for Arts, dont honestly know what UL is like for places. I doubt it has much to do with the actual course content, maybe related to the general college atmospheres in both though if people prefer UL. But then maybe its geographically better for those out whesht!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

^^^^

Exactly! The Arts course in UCC is the second biggest Arts course in the country -after UCD- and is like the third or fourth biggest course in the country AFAIK. Ul is much more central to many more people and it also has a reputation as being "better craic". :rolleyes: I am not sure what subject choices are like in UL or anything like that, but I imagine its not much better than the 31 subject choice range in UCC Arts! Are you planning on Doing Arts thus year OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 RobMarathonMan

^^^^

Are you planning on Doing Arts thus year OP?

What do you mean by this?
    And ya sure geographically it doesnt bother me because i live in Tralee so either or would be grand and Im sure I will have great craic in both places.thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

What do you mean by this?
    And ya sure geographically it doesnt bother me because i live in Tralee so either or would be grand and Im sure I will have great craic in both places.thanks lads

As in will you be starting September this year or September 2011? :)

Well I cant reccommend UCC enough, LOVE the place!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

If you can go to either of them, then UCC is the way to go. No ifs or buts about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement