Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Floor Insulation

• 17-08-2010 3:01am
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi Folks,

I am taking up all the laminated floors in a new(old) house I have just bought. I need to redo the whole plumbing.
    While the are up, I might as well put down some floor insulation. But it cannot be too thich as the door would not close/open and the door saddles are very low. Also i will be replacing the laminate.
    Its a bungalow around 1650 sq ft.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Are you talking about putting the new plumbing in a concrete slab?
    If so I can't recommend any insulation worth installing without removing the old slab!:eek:

Insulate all plumbing pipes, consider highly insulating the existing walls & attic instead. SEI grants are available.

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

thanks rkq

i just thought there might be some very thin sheet reflector/insulation which I could utilize here? I have no intention of digging out floors as I cannot afford it. I will be doing the walls an attic in due course as I get the money.

Advertisement