Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAW Controllers

Options
  • 17-08-2010 5:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

I've started looking into a controller for Ableton, with the idea of using it Live. I already have a keyboard, so I'm more looking at the Launchpad/APC type. Swinging towards the APC at the moment, but are there are other controllers people would advice in the same general pricerange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

I've started looking into a controller for Ableton, with the idea of using it Live. I already have a keyboard, so I'm more looking at the Launchpad/APC type. Swinging towards the APC at the moment, but are there are other controllers people would advice in the same general pricerange?

Have heard some people complain about the APC for live use - some bugs present (though this was with first release of the hardware and may have been sorted)

Will find out more and if bugs are still present if nobody knows from experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

i personnally love the launch pad. The mixer mode is cool as well, and it's great for beat repeat and effect.

I use it with nonome, which allows you to use it as live controller and monome at the same time, which make the use of this controller endless with live .

and check the price - just sooooo cheap !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

i personnally love the launch pad. The mixer mode is cool as well, and it's great for beat repeat and effect.

I use it with nonome, which allows you to use it as live controller and monome at the same time, which make the use of this controller endless with live .

and check the price - just sooooo cheap !

It looks great alright, but I thought the APC looked better because of the channel faders and generally more functions. How do you control levels and fade in/out etc with the Launchpad?

well not the same price either :)

check this out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMgxLPcq-3o

I had a MPC32 before the released of the launchpad - i prefered it to the APC for because it ad a midi interface and was self powered - and cheaper.

I then sold it to get the launchpad - i ad a nanokontrol at the time as well, which is dirt cheap - so i didn't missed the fader .

Since then i burned my nanokontrol, and use my ipad (using touch OSC + LiveKontrol ) and my launchpad for all to control Ableton - and i am happy with that.

Some people prefer the APC, some stuff like the BCF2000 from Behringer - it cheap and has motorised faders .

• Advertisement
Advertisement