Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Hurling All-Ireland

Options
  • 17-08-2010 5:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Another year rolls around in the hurling and its Tipp's turn again to try stop the marauding cats on the 5 in a row quest.We gave them a good run for there money last yr (wont get into the penalty argument) and hopefully can go one better this year.

What pub's in Sydney will actually be open for the game and which of them provide the best atmosphere. All opinions accepted and if there's a Tipp pub all the better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I will probably watch Kikenny hammer the crap out of tipp in the Irish Club in Perth :p

Ah no, Tipp are a good team, at least it will be a good match. If waterford got through it would be another hammering

go on the Cats!!!

And the Kittens in the Minor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Paddy Maguire's I think its called will show it. Generally show all the games. No idea other than that. I just bought Setanta so I can watch it at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Diddler82 wrote: »
    Paddy Maguire's I think its called will show it. Generally show all the games. No idea other than that. I just bought Setanta so I can watch it at home!

I got satanta too, well worth the $16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

any suggestions for melbourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

lg123 wrote: »
    any suggestions for melbourne?

The Charles Dickens on Collins Street is open til 6am for most games.

• Advertisement

The Charles Dickens on Collins Street is open til 6am for most games.

not much craic down there though. mind you, they do sell buckfast.

anyone any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

not much craic down there though. mind you, they do sell buckfast.

anyone any other suggestions?

Bridie O'Reilly's on Little Collins St. I've always had good craic in Charles Dickens. All depends whos with you.

was in there for 2 of the 6 nations games, wasnt great. half the place was more interested in the premiership which was on the other tv.

more interested in the football so might watch the hurling in bridie's, so how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

was in there for 2 of the 6 nations games, wasnt great. half the place was more interested in the premiership which was on the other tv.

more interested in the football so might watch the hurling in bridie's, so how it goes.

I'm not really into hurling but I've known a few lads to go to the Celtic Club (corner of LaTrobe and Queen) for games. No idea what sort of crowd they get though.

I've only been there for the odd football (soccer) match and it was pretty good. There's nothing quite like an egg and bacon sandwich and a Guinness for breakfast.

I'm not really into hurling but I've known a few lads to go to the Celtic Club (corner of LaTrobe and Queen) for games. No idea what sort of crowd they get though.

I've only been there for the odd football (soccer) match and it was pretty good. There's nothing quite like an egg and bacon sandwich and a Guinness for breakfast.

got the rest of the 6 nations games there, in the upstairs part. wasnt great either, its a bit big unless you have the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

in sydney , id go to either cheers on george street or scruffy murphys on goldburn street

i fooken hope tipp beat kilkenny ......

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Be watching the match in Auckland myself. Anyone know what the Paddington Bar is like? Think it’s the only place that's showing the final live.

Jasus I hope we sent those cats home with their tails firmly stuck between their legs. Fair sickened not to be at home watching it.

Advertisement