Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much chance of sponsorship application being accepted?

Options
  • 17-08-2010 6:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys
    My OH and I just submitted our application for a 457 sponsored visa. We were nominated by the potential employer who really wants it to happen.

The thing is I keep getting very mixed views from people in the know (in H.R.generally) about the likelihood of it being accepted. It is for a painter and decorator.
    Obviously this is not on the lists as a needed profession here and I wonder about how the potential employer prooves they have tried to get employees in the local market.

Are there many people here who are tradesmen that have been sponsored?
    And if so, did it take ages to get an answer an whether the app was successful?
    I know there is a possibility of maybe having to do a practical test with TRA - anyone done this here in Oz?
    Is it expensive?
    Any info or opinions would be greatly appreciated
    Han

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Really Han the only people who can say for sure if your application is going to be accepted or rejected is DIAC.

There are two stages Nomination and visa application, Nomination is the first hurdle as its on this basis that your employer is suitable for sponsoring. They have to provide a lot of company paperwork about Tax, Profits and staff training to ensure that the Nomination is legit and that there is no suitable local candidate. The second part is the sponsored Employee visa application really this is gonna go down to previous experience.

As for time scale a 457 usually takes about 4 or 5 weeks. Did your company use an agent? If so they could probably give a good indication of how its going to go.

I know loads of trades men who got sponsored, they tend to be Carpenters and Plumbers. Couldn't comment on painter and decorator.

A TRA assessment is about $300.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hanumanmaman

Thanks for that, I'm probably just lookin for reassurance as I'm a bit stressed about the whole thing.
    Yes, the company is using an agent and its nomination was accepted. I'll give the agent a couple of days and then maybe ask how they think it might go.
    Fingers crossed eh

Advertisement