Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby world cup 2011!!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 millieforbes

jank wrote: »
    Looks like I wont be able to go to the Italy game now in Dunedin.:( Looking for tickets to the Australia game though!:D
    Can do a sawp and/or pay the difference.

Same here - have 4 spare tickets for Italy but looking for 4 for Australia. Will trade or buy Australia tickets outright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

MEDIA RELEASE
    February 23, 2011

RNZ 2011 Statement on Christchurch Earthquake

Rugby New Zealand 2011 (RNZ 2011) CEO Martin Snedden today expressed sympathy to the people of Christchurch as the city deals with the aftermath of yesterday’s devastating earthquake.

“Our thoughts are very much with the people of Christchurch during this very sad and difficult time. There are many in our broader Rugby World Cup 2011 (RWC 2011) family working within the council, VBase, Canterbury Rugby Union, tourism and business organisations and other agencies who have been affected by this and we feel for them.

“It is too early to talk in any detail about implications for the Tournament in Christchurch and any assessment by us must wait while the rescue efforts take priority.

“The next step will involve our organisation leading a thorough process of assessing the city’s ability to host the seven RWC 2011 matches scheduled to take place there. This will involve an assessment of all the key RWC 2011 infrastructure of the city including the stadium, hotels, training facilities and the transport network.

“A detailed evaluation of this nature will take place as soon as is reasonably possible. We are mindful of the pressure the people of Christchurch are under right now and do not want to place any more demands on them.

“Christchurch is a proud Rugby city with a rich Rugby heritage and we know the Tournament means a lot to fans there.

“We are hopeful a clearer picture will emerge in the coming days to allow us to make the right decisions.

"There has been speculation that this tragedy puts the entire event in jeopardy or that matches will relocate to Australia. That is not the case.

“Rest assured, RWC 2011 will proceed and all matches will take place in New Zealand.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭C0N0R

From all I've heard over here jade stadium isn't in a good way! The pitch is ruined due to liquefaction and some of the concrete ramps have cracks in them. There not sure if the crusaders will be able to play any more games there this season either. Any alot of the hotels are in a bad way. Only time will tell though, hope it can host matches ok

C0N0R wrote: »
    From all I've heard over here jade stadium isn't in a good way! The pitch is ruined due to liquefaction and some of the concrete ramps have cracks in them. There not sure if the crusaders will be able to play any more games there this season either. Any alot of the hotels are in a bad way. Only time will tell though, hope it can host matches ok

Thats not good, obviously pales in comparison to the loss of lives but I cant see them having the stadium in christchurch ready for games in less than 7 months.

How about everyone on this thread? Were any of you affected by the earthquake? I'm hoping earnyourturns and xavi6 are ok............

M three wrote: »
    Thats not good, obviously pales in comparison to the loss of lives but I cant see them having the stadium in christchurch ready for games in less than 7 months.

How about everyone on this thread? Were any of you affected by the earthquake? I'm hoping earnyourturns and xavi6 are ok............

They are saying on the radio today that all games there will be moved up until march 16th but from what I've heard that's just buying time.

I was in Christchurch when it happened, well the suburb of riccarton. It was an interesting experience, there didn't seem to be any major damage there and I live in darfield (where the original quake was) so everything at home was ok. Cousin was working in the centre at the time and saw some things he would rather not have. I wasn't here for the original quake. It's amazing to see the effort globally that is been made to help New Zealand. Such a tradgedy for the country and the numbers are only going to get worse. Two Irish killed from what I've heard.

• Advertisement

M three wrote: »

They are saying on the radio today that all games there will be moved up until march 16th but from what I've heard that's just buying time.

I was in Christchurch when it happened, well the suburb of riccarton. It was an interesting experience, there didn't seem to be any major damage there and I live in darfield (where the original quake was) so everything at home was ok. Cousin was working in the centre at the time and saw some things he would rather not have. I wasn't here for the original quake. It's amazing to see the effort globally that is been made to help New Zealand. Such a tradgedy for the country and the numbers are only going to get worse. Two Irish killed from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭earnyourturns

Hey I'm fine. Was up in ChCh last weekend but came back down to Dunedin on Sunday, ie; two days before the quake hit. We felt it here in Dunedin but obviously nothing compared to what it was like up there. All my friends are okay, thank God, but unfortunately a lot of people in ChCh can't say the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 hayley33

Can anyone please advise the best place/site you have found to purchase tickets? Looking for tickets for the 2 quarter finals in Wellington but the prices are crazy.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭up the town

Hey
    Im travelling to Oz for 2 weeks then New Zealand for a month to catch the world cup. Just wondering what Visa,s do i need if any and whats the best way to go about getting them??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Bah, looks like world cup's definitely definitely happening here anyway. I hope they at least reschedule the other 7 matches for the south island, so that the stupid amounts of tourists with money at least get to have a decent chance to come visit Christchurch.

It's not official yet, but AMI's fairly munted, the roads are still pretty munted, the accommodation is non-existent, and, more than anything else, I just don't think that officials are going to be able to put all the bonuses of this for Christchurch ahead of the fact that if we have tens of thousands of extra people in the city, and a disaster was to strike, a) thats' a lot of people's lives to put at risk and b) logistically, the rescue operations would be a nightmare(er).

That said. I think we could make Christchurch the NON-rugby capital for the world cup and put on special deals to attract all the kiwis who hate rugby.

e.g. ... the musos :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

They should be doing everything possible to keep the games in Christchurch for two reasons -

1) The money generated from that amount of tourists is essential more so than ever.

2) The simple feel good factor about the place will go a long way to raising the spirits of the locals.

Cancelling it or moving the games would just be another crushing blow on top of everything else.

Well, that's the big debate here at the moment, really. Well, that and rebuilding the Cathedral and the fate of heritage buildings.

I don't particularly care for rugby in general, but hell, Christchurch is my adopted hometown, I've been here for 3 years now and I can't imagine living somewhere else anytime soon, I really do love this place and I know what an amazing boost it would be for the economy and people's spirits and all of that, I really would, but unless a whole lot of circumstances were to change, I wouldnt advocate it at all.

The problem with the money generate theory is that pre earthquake, we were already behind plans to be ready for the world cup in the first place. The cost of having enough accommodation, when about 10,000 homes of people in Christchurch are facing destruction and people who lived there have nowhere to live - for starts, we don't have the money or the resources to focus on both.

AMI stadium too, I don't know if you've seen any of the pictures, but there are some bigass cracks on that thing from the outside (I've lived within a 10min walk from there for the last 4 flats I've lived in, and two of those were completely munted in the earthquakes, one was only partially munted and one just has munted piping now) - what I'm saying is that it's not a good area from an earthquake view. It's on the east of the city - duno if you've heard the constant referencing of "the eastern suburbs" but we're pretty bad for liquefaction (seriously, whose idea was it to build the city on a ****ing swamp?!) - there are/were carpets of sewer-sand and silt in there - I think one stand is badly damaged and another is damaged (they're keeping a lot close to their chests, still). The roads around are ****ed. There are slalom cones everywhere, most of the surrounding areas are still using portaloos, with chemical toilets being delivered to houses now, because they have NO idea when we'll have functioning sewers again.

At the moment, I think about 98% of households have been hooked back up to power again, but they're worried that now people are returning it's gonna screw up the supply and there'll be cuts again. Not to mention the raw sewage being pumped into the rivers and ocean.

I just really really don't think we have the time to do everything we need to do to be ready. We don't have the finances to do it. And if it's prioritised over the people of Christchurch - particularly the ones in the east who've been ****ed over enough lately, thanks.

If they could do both, I'd be stoked. But skeptical there.

Are you over in the east crumble?? From all I've heard on sports radio they really don't think it's going to happen here, where will they move the games to? Dunedin? Nelson?? Nowhere else has the capacity does it?

Was reading this article in the Press this morning...
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/4764686/Key-NZ-options-for-cup-games

Key: NZ options for cup games
    TRACY WATKINS
    Last updated 05:00 14/03/2011
    Print
    Text Size
    Relevant offers

Dunedin and Auckland are the frontrunners to host Rugby World Cup quarterfinals if games have to be shifted from Christchurch.

It has emerged that Australia also offered to host games – although Prime Minister John Key said yesterday there was no need to shift games offshore.

Engineering reports are set to be discussed by Cabinet today and Key will speak to International Rugby Board officials this week about the likelihood of AMI Stadium being fit to host matches.

But reports emerged from Britain over the weekend suggesting the IRB had all but made up its mind to shift Christchurch's matches to Auckland.

Key insists no decisions have been made.

There appears to have been some thought given to alternatives, however, with Key suggesting Dunedin or Auckland.

"Certainly, if we have to go to plan B there are alternatives in New Zealand. I don't think there is any need for us to consider games outside New Zealand."

"We've had offers from Australia to host games, but I can't see why that would be necessary. Quarterfinals are only being played at this point in Christchurch and Wellington so there are alternatives in both Auckland and Dunedin. Dunedin has some logistical issues in terms of accommodation issues down there but it's still a possibility."

The Government has repeatedly said it wants the games to stay in Christchurch but continuing aftershocks, a lack of accommodation and the massive rebuilding task ahead mean the chances are bleak. AMI Stadium is also badly damaged, but the Government has commissioned engineering reports to see if it can be fixed in time.

Rugby World Cup Minister Murray McCully is refusing to release those reports until they have been discussed with the IRB, which has the final say on where games could be played.

That could cause friction, with the IRB apparently set on shifting the games to Auckland because of its greater revenue potential.

That would see the bulk of games played in the North Island and cause a political headache for the Government.

Key said he expected a decision "within the next 10 days if not sooner".

AMI Stadium chief executive Bryan Pearson said only preliminary reports were available.

"We would expect we would have quality information through later this week," he said. "Towards the end of this week we are going to be in a much better position in terms of having all the facts available." Pearson said Vbase's priority was presenting information to its board.

I'll be stupidly ****ed off if they put it to Auckland. Sure, I don't believe we'll be able to host actual games here, but no doubt there will be a decent size stream of people visiting while they are in the country anyway, and businesses here will no doubt be doing all they can to attract people here. Christchurch is still the 'gateway to the south island' and the more that is happening in the south island, the more that will benefit us too.

How's the stadium coming along in Dunedin by the way? Was just on myspace hopnig to link you to local dunedin band Conniption's song "**** the Stadium', but sadly it's not on their playlist there.

I really don't know where else would have the capacity, i think dunedin might, but lacks accommodation...
    At the moment, I'm out in Halswell, sharing a room with my flatmate in his parents' house far away from lots of the damage, still don't have somewhere to live, though hoping that will change today, waiting for news. Just want to have 4 walls and a roof to myself and to actually put my stuff in (which at the moment is divided between a car boot/backseat, some of the garage here and my other flatmate's dad's house, where she's staying at the moment.

But yep, I tend to live on the east - it's cheaper, it's nearer the sea (I surf), and the vast majority of my mates live around the area too.

It's official, no games in chch. Quarters will be in Auckland, no word on other games yet.

Media Release: Decision of Christchurch's hosting of RWC 2011 matches

MEDIA RELEASE
    March 16, 2011

Decision on Christchurch's hosting of RWC 2011 matches

• Stadium Christchurch requires extensive repairs, timeframes uncertain
    • Quarter-finals reallocated to Eden Park
    • Pool matches to be reallocated to other RWC 2011 venues
    • Existing ticket holders to be offered refund or tickets to reallocated matches

Rugby World Cup 2011 (RWC 2011) Tournament partners have today reluctantly decided that Christchurch will be unable to host the seven matches scheduled to be played at Stadium Christchurch and these will be rescheduled to be played at other venues in New Zealand.

The decision was unanimously supported by Tournament owners the International Rugby Board, the New Zealand Government, the New Zealand Rugby Union (NZRU) and Tournament organiser Rugby New Zealand 2011 (RNZ 2011).

This follows a detailed review of reports assessing damage to key Tournament facilities and infrastructure caused by the devastating 6.3 magnitude earthquake that struck the city on February 22 and advice from the stadium operator, Vbase that it could not provide an absolute assurance that all necessary remedial work could be completed in time for RWC 2011. A copy of the correspondence received yesterday from Vbase can be found here .

International Rugby Board Chairman Bernard Lapasset travelled to Christchurch for today’s announcement.

“Yesterday we were informed by Stadium Christchurch operator Vbase that it could not guarantee that the extensive repairs required for both the stadium structures and the playing surface could be completed in time. That information means that Tournament partners have been left with no choice but to make the difficult decision to reallocate the seven matches due to be played in Christchurch.

“This has been a hard decision for all involved, given the place of Canterbury in New Zealand Rugby and the tremendous enthusiasm and support that the people of Christchurch have displayed for RWC 2011. The thoughts of the global Rugby family continue to be with the people of Christchurch and everyone affected as they focus on the city’s rebuilding process and repair of key public services and facilities.”

Ticket purchasers for all Christchurch matches will be offered the option of a refund or the opportunity to secure tickets to the relevant reallocated matches. RNZ 2011 has confirmed there will be sufficient availability of tickets to rescheduled matches for those wanting to take up that option. Full details will be provided by the end of March. For further ticketing information please visit www.rugbyworldcup.com/tickets .

Vbase has indicated that the repair timeframes are so tight there would be no leeway for work delays or for any risks. This prevents Vbase giving assurances that it can meet its RWC 2011 obligations.

Among the “risks” identified by Vbase:

• Ongoing investigation required that might reveal the need for further work in relation to structures and playing surface
    • Complexity of a work programme that includes superficial and structural repairs and full replacement of the playing surface
    • Availability of resources (labour, material and equipment) and timeliness of securing consents
    • Aftershocks that might impact on the work programme

“We know Cantabrians are passionate about Rugby and we know that many wanted the matches to remain as a way to unite and heal their shattered city,” said RNZ 2011 Chairman Brian Roche.

“However, we needed to weigh up the risks of continuing with matches in Christchurch with just 25 weeks to kick-off to the world’s third largest sporting event. Sadly, we collectively agreed the risks were too great. The timeframes for repairs were too tight, the uncertainty too much.”

“Our hearts go out to Canterbury fans today given the inevitable disappointment this decision will cause for many,” said NZRU CEO and RNZ 2011 director Steve Tew.

“Tournament partners are looking into a number of initiatives that will give Cantabrians a chance to be part of our Stadium of Four Million. We still want them to play a part in hosting a successful Tournament and to share in the excitement of this event.”

Contingency planning is at an advanced stage, but the process of allocation of matches is complex with many factors to consider, including accommodation, transport and broadcast logistics.

Eden Park is confirmed as the venue for the quarter-finals of October 8 and 9 and a decision regarding where the five pool matches will now be played will be taken jointly by the Tournament’s partners as soon as feasibly possible, likely before the end of March.

“Eden Park was the only logical alternative to stage two of the Tournament’s premier matches given the ground capacity and visitor accommodation demands associated with these quarter-final matches,,” said RNZ 2011 CEO Martin Snedden.

“We are working hard to ensure as many pool matches as reasonably possible remain in the South Island. A key consideration in all of this is to reschedule matches in a way that minimises the impact on other matches and therefore causes the least disruption to existing arrangements for teams and travelling.

“We appreciate this is a time of great uncertainty for fans which is why we are trying to resolve all issues as quickly as possible.

“We are enormously grateful for the support of all our partners in New Zealand during this difficult process and in particular the strenuous efforts by Vbase in attempting to meet our requirements.”

Ends

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

http://www.standbyrelocs.com/default.aspx?c=2

Anybody still lookin for a car to get around, these guys do chape deals to relocate. The campervans look to be fully booked as per everywhere else.

Sad news on the cancellation of games in C'church, would have been a great boost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

EEEKKKKKKKKKK

Never bought my tickets in time - sales have ended on 14th March. think i may cry....

Website says more tickets will be released later in the year, do you reckon they'll be astronomical though?

My dad will most likely kill me... the one thing i had to organise about his trip over here... book tickets!! OOOPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

supermouse wrote: »
    EEEKKKKKKKKKK

Never bought my tickets in time - sales have ended on 14th March. think i may cry....

Website says more tickets will be released later in the year, do you reckon they'll be astronomical though?

My dad will most likely kill me... the one thing i had to organise about his trip over here... book tickets!! OOOPS!

id imagine that there will be numerous tickets on sale in or around the grounds on Irish match days for the USA,Russia and Italy games anyway but not too sure about the Australia game.
    I got tickets for 2 pool games and a quarter final one and they werent cheap :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I've got tickets for all the Irish pool games but have not booked any accomodation due to lack of money. Our plan is to hire a campervan for 3 weeks and drive from Auckland to Dunedin going to all the games along the way. Have I left it too late to book a campervan? Can anyone recommend a good hire company?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

aido79 wrote: »
    I've got tickets for all the Irish pool games but have not booked any accomodation due to lack of money. Our plan is to hire a campervan for 3 weeks and drive from Auckland to Dunedin going to all the games along the way. Have I left it too late to book a campervan? Can anyone recommend a good hire company?

im doing the same thing at the moment. Some pain in the hole trying to find a campervan...all the main companies(Maui,Britz,Backpacker) seem to be out of all 4 and 6 person campervans. Just lookin through the other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Thats a decent drive! Auckland to Wellington is about 9hours. Its then about 3 hours to Chch and another 3 onto Dunedin.

I was just wondering has anyone considered looking at secondhand vehicles and just buying one? You could then either sell it on when you leave or just abandon it like so many do already.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

hey guys,

just a quickie (sorry if in wrong forum)
    flying into Auckland on 15th October (which is semi final weekend) and we want to be back in Auckland for the 3rd place play off and final so would be back for Friday 21st

Just wondering what you think about what to do the week in between.... currently thinking of heading down to Rotorua for couple nights then to Taupo up through Hamilton and then back to Auckland.

or would a week going up doing Bay of Islands etc be better?

trying to get a plan together :) sorry if in wrong thread

Thanks
    Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

If you look through this thread, I think someone had mentioned that campers were being booked at a quick enough rate. That was a while ago, might be worth looking into it now.

Don't forget the ferry between the islands!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

What type of license do you need to drive a 6 berth camper?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

MonsterMob wrote: »
    What type of license do you need to drive a 6 berth camper?

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factsheets/11/driver-licence-classes.html

Class 1 – car licence

A holder of a Class 1 learner, restricted or full licence can drive:
    • a vehicle that has a GLW or GCW of 4500kg or less (this includes tractors or combination vehicles, but does not include motorcycles)
    • a moped or all-terrain vehicle
    • any campervan or tradeperson's vehicle with a GLW of 6000kg or less and an on-road weight not exceeding 4500kg.
    The old man has a 6000kg truck at home with the body of a "Trailer tent" on it that I plan on driving when Im home next! Should be awsome!

http://www.rugbyworldcupnews.com/mail/display.php?M=220997&C=d241f2c6aed9190e88e0f42ec79de9b2&S=529&L=2&N=253

MEDIA RELEASE
    March 30, 2011

Christchurch RWC 2011 Pool Match rescheduling decisions/Otago Stadium confirmed

Three pool matches to remain in South Island
    Otago Stadium confirmed as RWC 2011 match venue
    Tickets refunded in April, priority purchase period in May
    Team Base changes announced
    Tournament Organiser Rugby New Zealand 2011 (RNZ 2011) today announced the revised match schedule for Rugby World Cup 2011 (RWC 2011) following the decision to reallocate all matches from Christchurch because of the impact of the devastating February 22 earthquake.

The new schedule has been developed by RNZ 2011 in consultation with Tournament owners Rugby World Cup Limited.

Three of the five rescheduled Christchurch pool matches will remain in the South Island. Nelson, Dunedin and Invercargill will each host an additional match. The remaining two matches have been reallocated to Wellington and North Harbour. As announced two weeks ago, the two quarter-finals due to be played in Christchurch on October 8 and 9 will be played at Eden Park.

Rugby World Cup Limited Chairman Bernard Lapasset said that all Tournament stakeholders had been supportive throughout the rescheduling process.

“Following the difficult decision to transfer the Christchurch matches all involved have worked hard to confirm the new venues as quickly as possible. We are pleased that three of the five matches will remain in the South Island.

"We appreciate the patience shown by the teams and fans during this difficult period and are enormously grateful for the support and cooperation of all our partners during what has been a complex process," said Lapasset.

RNZ 2011 CEO Martin Snedden said: “Today’s decisions provide the certainty for the affected seven teams, their fans and media around the rescheduled matches. This has been a complex logistical process, but with the help of our Tournament partners, the arrangements are now complete.”

Otago Stadium confirmed

RNZ 2011 also announced that the new fully enclosed Otago Stadium, now nearing completion, has met the criteria to be confirmed as a RWC 2011 match venue.

“The Otago Stadium operators have provided us with the assurances we need for us to now be confident that the new venue will be ready to deliver on its Tournament obligations so we are pleased, today, to formally confirm this excellent new facility as a RWC 2011 match venue,” added Snedden.

Rescheduled matches

The five Christchurch pool matches have been rescheduled as follows:

Date
    Pool
    Time
    Match
    Venue

Sat Sept 10
    B
    Argentina v England
    Otago Stadium, Dunedin

Sun Sept 11
    C
    Australia v Italy
    North Harbour Stadium, Auckland

Sun Sept 18
    B
    England v Georgia
    Otago Stadium, Dunedin

Sun Sept 25
    B
    Argentina v Scotland
    Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

Sat Oct 1
    C
    Australia v Russia
    Trafalgar Park, Nelson

Also, as part of the rescheduling, operational reasons have necessitated the transfer of one non-Christchurch match, Scotland v Georgia, from Dunedin to Invercargill.

The decision was made following a detailed consideration of alternatives. This included the possibility of moving England v Georgia to Invercargill, but this was rejected because of the significant operational challenges that would arise from what would have become a double-header weekend in the town (Argentina v Romania is being played in Invercargill on September 17).

Date
    Pool
    Time
    Match
    Venue

Wed Sept 14
    B
    Scotland v Georgia
    Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill

“Our desire was always to transfer as many of the Christchurch pool matches as was reasonably possible to other existing South Island venues,” said Snedden.

“At the same time we are very conscious that time is pressing, with just 163 days to go before the world’s third largest sporting event kicks off, so we have also sought to minimise disruptions to ensure as few teams and their supporters were affected as possible. This has meant minimising any changes to matches that weren’t originally scheduled for Christchurch.

“All partners and the New Zealand Government hoped that we would be able to transfer all the pool matches to South Island venues. In the end, this wasn’t possible for a number of reasons, including venue capacity, accommodation and operational issues.

“Nelson, Dunedin and Invercargill were logical choices to each host one additional match. But there were always going to be significant problems going beyond that.

“For example, although it was considered, we came to the view that Dunedin could not have reasonably hosted the Australia v Italy match the day after hosting its first major match, England v Argentina.

“We were concerned about the pressure that back-to-back matches would impose on what will be a largely untested venue and a new playing surface.

“In addition, accommodation facilities in the city and surrounding region would also have been under severe pressure from the expected influx of 20,000 fans from outside the region that a double-header would bring.

“While we know that our rescheduling decisions won’t please everyone, on balance, we have achieved the best possible result taking into account all relevant factors. We firmly believe that RWC 2011 will be a Tournament which all New Zealanders can experience and be proud of and will continue the outstanding success of recent tournaments.”

Ticketing refund / Priority purchase process

Ticket purchasers for all Christchurch matches and/or the Scotland v Georgia match will receive a refund and the opportunity to secure replacement tickets to the relevant rescheduled matches during a priority purchase period.

This process will be implemented in two stages. The first stage will involve RNZ 2011 refunding to affected purchasers the face value of any tickets purchased for the rescheduled matches. This process will begin on April 8 with a target completion date of April 30.

The second stage, from mid May, will provide affected ticket purchasers with the opportunity to secure replacement ticket(s) to the relevant rescheduled match(es) they still wish to attend.

“We wish to acknowledge and thank fans for their patience over the last month or so. We are about to embark on an unprecedented ticket refund and repurchase process for a major event, a process which involves us dealing with 20,000 customers who have purchased 150,000 tickets between them,” added Snedden.

See Appendix 1 for further details.

Team Bases confirmed

The rescheduling decisions have also meant a number of changes to Team Bases. Queenstown will now host Georgia as well as Ireland, Romania and England. Hanmer Springs in North Canterbury becomes a new team base and will host Australia over four nights. Last week it was announced that New Zealand will visit Christchurch prior their opening Pool A fixture against France.

See Appendix 2 for full details.

Ends

Further information

- Appendix 1: Ticket refund and priority purchase process
    - Appendix 2: Team Bases by centre

Decided to reassess my plans and looks like I'll be taking my refund for Australia/Russia and not rebooking as getting from Nelson to Dunedin for Ireland/Italy in a day is not too feasible.

Now looks like I'll be doing two weeks of Auckland ---> Rotorua (Ireland/Russia) ---> Christchurch ---> Dunedin (Ireland/Italy).

Gonna be bloody expensive and I need tickets for the Russia game but should be fine as the stadium holds around 34,000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Anyone know where I'd find an Aussie/Saffer or Welsh person with 4 tickets to this Quarter Final - 09/10 - 18:00 Winner D - Runner-up C - Wellington

I have 4 tickets to this one - 08/10 - 18:00 Winner C - Runner-up D - Wellington and may need to swap, if we don't win the group.

Advertisement