Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby world cup 2011!!!

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

its not on free view channels in australia, feckin foxtel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Its on right Now on gem? Irish ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭terryincork

Quick question, do you know what channels I can watch the matches on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Quick question, do you know what channels I can watch the matches on?

RTE / Setanta / ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

endainoz wrote: »
    Is there any website to check on prices of stuff in New Zealand? Im heading out at the start of october for 8 days and dont really know how much i should bring....I should have around 2 grand in aussie dollars. Would that be enough?

what kind of stuff?

http://shop.countdown.co.nz/

http://pricespy.co.nz/

You'll be fine with 2k AUD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Prices pretty much on par with Oz, dairy and clothes a bit pricey but most things about the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,000 ✭✭✭endainoz

what kind of stuff?

http://shop.countdown.co.nz/

http://pricespy.co.nz/

You'll be fine with 2k AUD.

it should be enough, but judging by the crowd im going with there going to be alot of drinking involved! Are the prices in the bars cheaper than the ones in Oz?

Zambia wrote: »
    Its on right Now on gem? Irish ref.

whats gem?

lg123 wrote: »
    whats gem?

had a look, its called win in gippsland. not on live though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Gem is a digital (free) station by channel 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

How's this going for everyone in NZ? What's the atmosphere like in your city? Almost oblivious of it here in Christchurch, to be honest. gonna head and check out some of the Irish game later, maybe, if my essay gets done in time, but really, I don't know if it's just an earthquake thing, but I'm comparing my experiences of Ireland simply being in the world cup and NZ hosting, and people have been way more excited back home.... though again, I think it could just be a quake thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Great buzz around town the last two nights that I was out. The opening ceremony was cool in the pub I was in and I heard the waterfront was buzzing. Didnt go in tonight for the Irish game as my liver may explode if it goes near any more booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

Yeah there's been a great atmosphere in Wellington. Went to the waterfront for the opening ceremony & the Welsh bar was great craic last night after the matches. Reckon it must be the earthquake thing in Chch Crumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Suafd wrote: »
    Enjoy the trip. See my post above yours. Am going to drive down from christchurch to dunedin on day of game. Then back afterwards to oamaru. Have booked a double+single as its just as cheap. Then back to christchurch next day. Question tho: Would my girlfriend be happy if she heard about any such arrangement?

Hey mate, cheers for the offer, but from my experience if you have to ask that question, generally the answer is no , ha :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Have you seen this one:
    Where the F* is Web Ellis?

Warning some course language!
    Who said us Kiwis had no sense of humour?

Sorry cant figure out how to embed <iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WazeyJtY7UQ&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> maybe this will work

Still no luck. Heres a link
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/WazeyJtY7UQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Lucky me' and a few mates are driving from chch to Dunedin on the Saturday or the ireland Italy game and coming home on the Monday, were camping and your more than welcome to join us.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

There ya go m8.

Thanks LuckyCharms!
    For the life of me couldn't figure out how to get that to work!
    Then when I Quoted your post it all made sense! :D
    I was putting to much within the YouTube tags!

Alrite lads, hope were all set for the big one trmw.

I have a new appreciation for the rip off mobile companies in ireland after this experience :pac::pac:

Anyone go to a non irish game yet? Was at the USA vs Russia one, wasnt great stuff to watch but the americans were great craic , although the weather was shocking.Contemplated going to the canada samoa game but decided against it, boy do i regret it now :mad:
    Lucky me' and a few mates are driving from chch to Dunedin on the Saturday or the ireland Italy game and coming home on the Monday, were camping and your more than welcome to join us.

Hey Conor, cheers for the offer, much appreciated, i think im pretty much sorted for the pool games atm but if anything changes ill let ya know.

Whats Chch like these days, worth a visit? Was thinking of heading up that way after the game as i make my way to Wellington for the quarters, depending on the results of course :D

Interesting deal on grabone if anyone is interested : http://www.graboneescapes.co.nz/rwc-cruise

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Christchurch visiting really depends on what you'd want to do in Christchurch. The oceans are back usable again, which is AWESOME. I've no idea about the nightlife, been avoiding it since all my favourite pubs and venues have disappeared (honestly, ALL of them, not a single one made it through), but anyone who is in the tourist industry is ****ing keen to please at the moment, there's apparently a good atmosphere at the Fanzone thingy in Hagley... I think it could be worth the look even just to see the city... there's not a whole lot of opportunities to see first hand this level of damage by nature, really, in most of our lives. We still drive around and see new things that make us go wow (the good kind and the bad...). Check online, I know there's lotsa places working hard at enticing people back to Christchurch - spend your money here if you can.

Though hey, that comment about Irish rip off mobiles, do you mean it's cheaper back home, or here?

Okay, this is all jumbledy, but yeah, I reckon come to Christchurch. It's weird, but I think it'll be an experience to see the city like this... just wait 5 - 10 years and see what the rebuild has turned out like, you'll have seen it in the early transition phase, certain element of witnessing history or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Christchurch visiting really depends on what you'd want to do in Christchurch. The oceans are back usable again, which is AWESOME. I've no idea about the nightlife, been avoiding it since all my favourite pubs and venues have disappeared (honestly, ALL of them, not a single one made it through), but anyone who is in the tourist industry is ****ing keen to please at the moment, there's apparently a good atmosphere at the Fanzone thingy in Hagley... I think it could be worth the look even just to see the city... there's not a whole lot of opportunities to see first hand this level of damage by nature, really, in most of our lives. We still drive around and see new things that make us go wow (the good kind and the bad...). Check online, I know there's lotsa places working hard at enticing people back to Christchurch - spend your money here if you can.

Though hey, that comment about Irish rip off mobiles, do you mean it's cheaper back home, or here?

Okay, this is all jumbledy, but yeah, I reckon come to Christchurch. It's weird, but I think it'll be an experience to see the city like this... just wait 5 - 10 years and see what the rebuild has turned out like, you'll have seen it in the early transition phase, certain element of witnessing history or something.

i lived in nz for a short period at the very end of the nineties , christchurch was my least favourite city ( and i include hamilton ) in new zealand , a boring stuffy place

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

has anyone got an extra general admission ticket for the russia game in rotorua? i arrive there friday evening and could collect then

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Hey lads.Would appreciate some help if ye can.I will be in wellington with my gf from the 4th to 10th .Have tickets to both qfs.Looking for accomdation but everything seems to be booke out on 8th and 9th.Ideally could get a cheap room rent for the week .If anyone know of any or wants to rent a room please post.Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Kiwipower,

Just to say the country is amazing, the craic at the games mighty and the hospitality second to none. I was blown away on the North Island and have just arrived in Queenstown to be totally knocked out.

Thanks for all the advice on here. Oh and the roads aren't too bad, windy in spots! Signage is great.

Advertisement