Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bog Oak in Dublin - sourcing a smaller piece

Options
  • 17-08-2010 8:36am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all-

I've been asked by a friend overseas to find him a small piece of bog oak (15mm x 6mm) for use in a woodworking project he's doing. I gather the piece is for pair of small slab-shaped handles for a knife.

Most of the adverts for bog oak pieces seem to be for much larger pieces - If necessary I'll get one of these bigger bits, but before I do, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for something a bit closer in dimensions for what I'm after?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

look v closely at the customs requirements for import: the piece could easily be confiscated

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

Hi all-

I've been asked by a friend overseas to find him a small piece of bog oak (15mm x 6mm) for use in a woodworking project he's doing. I gather the piece is for pair of small slab-shaped handles for a knife.

Most of the adverts for bog oak pieces seem to be for much larger pieces - If necessary I'll get one of these bigger bits, but before I do, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for something a bit closer in dimensions for what I'm after?

Any advice appreciated.

dont know about dublin

but there is a guy in macroom , cork his name is donal o leary i got a few bog oak off cuts from him last year
    he's probably in the phone book he might be able to help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I sent a piece of bog oak and a bowl to the states. Just say on the declaration that it is treated wood (maybe give it a lil coat in linseed oil just to be safe) and you won't have a problem :)

Advertisement