Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap bodywork from China..

• 17-08-2010 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭

Just got a complete set of body work for my bike from China through ebay..I have to say i was a bit worried about quality ,but having inspected it i cant find anything bad to report.The ABS seems good, quite flexible (without going mental on it) ,the paint work is fabulous with a good coat of laquer over the graphics..
    Fit wise i cant say ,and it'll be a while before i get to fit it but i'm not too worried if i have to enlarge the odd hole here and there if needed..
    I also bought a few other bits from them and they put them all in the same box, saving me over €100 on postage....:)
    So far i'm well pleased and hope this post helps others to make up their mind..

Heres a link to the seller...

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/kayakarctic-store/

BTW if you do decide to buy a kit ,they offer free post, but if you are looking to buy other bits make sure you ask for free shipping before you buy anything.........
    The girl who i dealt with was Lin....;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Could you keep us updated please OP? I was thinking of getting a set for my own bike but have heard horror stories about the fit and about paint fading quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

It'll be a while before i fit it, probably over the winter...:o....as i've said the paint finish is excellent..looks like proper paint too, none of yer watery crap...:rolleyes:...but for the money, just replace it again next year...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

Interesting to see what this is like when heated up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

How come you bought new fairings? Were your old ones beyond repair?

Personally I'd rather sand down, plastic weld and repaint the original ones.

Advertisement