Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Poles

Options
  • 17-08-2010 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I've noticed a few new poles have cropped up around town. This one is outside Doyles by College Green. There are a few scattered around Christchurch area and one at the Molly Malone end of Grafton Street.

They are grey poles covered in green mesh. Does anyone know what they are for? Cheers.

picture.php?albumid=360&pictureid=7048

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

ian_m wrote: »
    I've noticed a few new poles have cropped up around town. This one is outside Doyles by College Green. There are a few scattered around Christchurch area and one at the Molly Malone end of Grafton Street.

They are grey poles covered in green mesh. Does anyone know what they are for? Cheers.

picture.php?albumid=360&pictureid=7048

bloody poles, taking our jobs! urg!(I joke, I joke)

Yeah wtf are they?
    I've heard 3 different things...

1. Speed Cameras
    2. Chargers for Electris cars/bikes
    3. They measure the amount of carbon in the air....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

It was asked twice already - here and here.

They're for new tourist direction signs, paid for by JC Decaux as part of the Dublin Bikes scheme. They're apparently also installing maps too but I haven't seen any sign of them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

markpb wrote: »
    It was asked twice already - here and here.

They're for new tourist direction signs, paid for by JC Decaux as part of the Dublin Bikes scheme. They're apparently also installing maps too but I haven't seen any sign of them yet.

I wonder how much was blown on this...........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Brendog wrote: »

Nothing, JCD are paying for it in return for being allowed to put the small on-street advertising displays in the city centre and the giant metro-poles in the suburbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I'd imagine they have to provide them in return for getting advertising space all over the city.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Well I'd imagine they have to provide them in return for getting advertising space all over the city.

And for not taking down the hundreds of billboards they were supposed to take down in exchange for the 'free' bikes.
    JC Decaux not complying with terms of an agreement? Never...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Brendog wrote: »

You think Making dublin easier to navigate is a waste?

Good to see this, the odd time i've had to go somewhere in the city that i'm not familiar with i'd plot a map before i set off as signage around the city is pretty poor. I've seen signs pointing in the opposite direction of tourist attractions in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

As long as they're proper maps and not those 'not to scale' free Pat Liddy maps that are a tad confusing.

Advertisement