Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorced..FTB ... or not??

Options
  • 17-08-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

A mate of mine is divorced..qualifies as a FTB..
    1. Seperated/divorced
    2. no remaining interest in family home
    3. Spouse still living in family home
    4. First house purchase since separation

His gf is getting divorced next year and they are buying a house together..
    She wont, apparently, qualify as a FTB as no 3 above wont apply to her..(family home being sold..)

Any idea if they will have to pay full stamp duty or can he claim 50% as an FTB??

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If they buy jointly they have to pay the full stamp duty, to avail of FTB then both parties have to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

If your friend and his girlfriend buy a house and the house is below a certain square footage they will not have to pay stamp duty to see what this allowance is they can lok on revenue.ie

I recently was in a simular situation where my bf was not a firsttime buyer and I was we luckily bought a house that was within the requirements, however he won't get a 92% mortgage :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

That^ only applies to new houses afaik, not second hand (125m^2 is the area limit)

Advertisement