Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

crc delivery time-over two weeks?

• 17-08-2010 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

I ordered a few bits from crc, and two weeks later they have still not been delivered. Checking the tracking info it says something about an incomplete address, I thought this may be because being in the Carlow countryside there is no street name, number or postal code in my address, has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

CRC, in general, have gone to ****e.

Sounds like your problem is with GLS (who CRC use for delivery). You should ring CRC but good luck with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

If there's tracking info available that means that CRC have shipped the goods to you. Check with the courier company.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

crc directed me to parcelforce who directed me to GLS, I recieved a reply to say they would deliver the stuff tomorrow, which will be 12 days after I got the email to say the stuff had been shipped. Even with free shipping that seems excessive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Ordered a helmet last Wednesday, arrived Friday (Dublin area). No issues there, at least.

Now Komplett, on the other hand... *rants off topic*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

My last delivery 4 weeks ago ended up going back to CRC with a "not known at this address".

I had used the same work address numerous times. They resent it to the same address and it made it the 2nd time.

I asked them the same thing - had they changed delivery service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Joxer_S wrote: »
    crc directed me to parcelforce who directed me to GLS, I recieved a reply to say they would deliver the stuff tomorrow, which will be 12 days after I got the email to say the stuff had been shipped. Even with free shipping that seems excessive.

I'd see that as an issue with GLS rather than CRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I ordered a few bits from crc, and two weeks later they have still not been delivered. Checking the tracking info it says something about an incomplete address, I thought this may be because being in the Carlow countryside there is no street name, number or postal code in my address, has anyone else had this problem?

Ordered something Friday, arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Joxer_S

Morgan wrote: »
    I'd see that as an issue with GLS rather than CRC.

I agree, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, surely they have delivered to an address outside of Dublin before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

I agree, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem, surely they have delivered to an address outside of Dublin before.

Just so you know as already pointed out this seems to be a GLS issue as opposed to a CRC one. Whats strange is that the depot of GLS is actually in Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Whenever I've been in a similar situation, I give out to the company that I've handed money too. It's CRC's problem as GLS work for them. Often the delivery company won't deal with you directly anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Ordered off CRC on Monday night and delivered Wednesday morning(Dublin Area)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I've had both good and bad experiences with GLS in the past, as have several people that I have spoken to about them. On one occasion, a delivery of mine apparently bounced around within GLS due to the same problem mentioned above of "Insufficient/Incorrect address", and in my case I'd had stuff delivered by GLS to the very same address several times before with no problems at all.

I can only speculate as to why some of my deliveries via GLS took no more than a couple of days and others from the same source took over a week from dispatch date, but none of the theories I come up with reflect well on GLS and their ability (or lack thereof) to read maps. When they work well they are very good, when they are bad they are awful.

Incidentally, I've contacted GLS by phone in the past, when I've had a tracking reference to refer to (and when their website has given me conflicting or misleading information about the delivery status). Whether a coincidence or not, the order arrived the next day following my phone call, so ringing them up is worth a try.

Advertisement