Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on selling gold & diamond in Dublin

Options
  • 17-08-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Am new to this board but just wondering if anyone can advise me on a reputible jewellers in Dublin where I can take a gold wedding band and diamond engagement ring to sell, not looking for pawn, I want the proper value please. Any advice appreciated. TKs:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I understand Breretons Capel Street have this service.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCmSD_jR2ig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

if u could be bothered bring it to NI the money shop in union st lurgan ,co armagh are offering £13 a gram for gold now ,i was driving past it and i saw a sign yesterday

im not sure of dublin gold rates tbh but if theyre worse than that id consider bring it to NI

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

delllat wrote: »
    if u could be bothered bring it to NI the money shop in union st lurgan ,co armagh are offering £13 a gram for gold now ,i was driving past it and i saw a sign yesterday

im not sure of dublin gold rates tbh but if theyre worse than that id consider bring it to NI

That's daylight robbery. Market rates for gold is £25 a gram (http://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/)

BTW, don't sell it, hang on to it. There is only one way Gold price is going, that's up. Why do you think everyone wants to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Canakar

Thanks for the tips and advice, thing is I need to sell it, have been hanging on to it forever and being sentimental about it but need the cash for something really important. Could'nt really be bothered going up north, might just head into a few jewellers in dublin and see what they think. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Canakar wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips and advice, thing is I need to sell it, have been hanging on to it forever and being sentimental about it but need the cash for something really important. Could'nt really be bothered going up north, might just head into a few jewellers in dublin and see what they think. Thanks again

You'll be bothered if it nets you a few extra hundred!

Advertisement