Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody in Jail?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

WindSock wrote: »
    Yet criminals still hate being caught by the fuzz :confused:

Yup and at certain times of the month, there is a danger they may even be caught red handed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    I think it's ridiculous.

Apparently though in the Joy, they have a bucket they have to do their business in throughout the night and then in the mornings they have to "empty their bucket" *gags*

And here's me, in freedom, having to walk down the hall for a pi55, like a sap!

• Dudess wrote: »
    Why would you believe that sh1t? "Because someone said it" doesn't count as a reason.

It's exaggerated, but not altogether false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

anti-venom wrote: »
    Why should prisoners not be entitled to three square meals a day? What's the alternative, starve them half to death? Make them even more dangerous and violent than they already are and then turn them loose on society again?
    Well in fairness, all that's being said is that prisoners should only get the basics, no frills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yup and at certain times of the month, there is a danger they may even be caught red handed!

Mankbag :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Dudess wrote: »
    And how do you know it's true?

Eh, if it was on Adrian Kennedy it must be true. He only allows the most closely vetted and well-informed of callers onto the air. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

And how do you know it's true?

It was on the Adrian Kennedy show ergo it has to be true. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

OK.

1) I never said they shouldn't be entitled to three meals a day.

And

2) It's true because Adrian and Jeremy said so :P No but my friend's brother is in Jail and he has access to all those things I named, although I don't feel I should have to explain myself but there, it is true

OK.

1) I never said they shouldn't be entitled to three meals a day.

And

2) It's true because Adrian and Jeremy said so :P No but my friend's brother is in Jail and he has access to all those things I named, although I don't feel I should have to explain myself but there, it is true

And your jailburd boyfriend told you too?

Kiera wrote: »

Forgot about that!

How did those 30 minute catch up sessions go? Hope he didn't want anal all the time:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Unless he is in Shelton Abbey, which is an open prison, then he would not be allowed any contact (even shaking hands) with a visitor unless very special circumstances. Even in the open prison conjugal visits are not permitted.

Do you also believe that head shops are causing the nation to turn into Junkies and that immigrants leave buggies at the bus stop because they get another free one from the dole office the next day?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Nopes. I believe that sh*t because it's true.

It isn't true you dick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It isn't true you dick.

Banned.

Cheekygal back up what you're saying with something other than "my mate told me" or do not post in this thread again.

Kiera wrote: »
    Cut out the personal stuff from here on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Banned.

Cheekygal back up what you're saying with something other than "my mate told me" or do not post in this thread again.

She brought it up in After Hours before, surely if it were true her fella would have told her and she could mention that, rather than using Adrian Kennedy and "her friends fella" as cites.

If it were true, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

What Cheekygal is saying is partly true,i have been in prison its not something im proud of but we all make mistakes in life.Yes they have PlayStations and televisions but definitely no arcades,they have weight rooms not gyms and no swimming pools,and no prison in Ireland allows girlfriends to come in to "catch up" dont know where you got that out of,and in Cork prison you have a bucket to use as your toilet but only to urinate in,and yes you have to empty it out the morning after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    hi guiz on da webs using ma eyephone
    prison life gud
    bye

Scottish accent?

What Cheekygal is saying is partly true

I think the issue is more with the post being basically "Prisoners get it so easy" daily mail style nonsense. While there are facilities for prisoners, its nonsense to say its an easy ride. Prison is not a nice place to go, full stop.
    no prison in Ireland allows girlfriends to come in to "catch up" dont know where you got that out of

Exactly. Perhaps too much american television? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Banned.

Sorry, it wasnt a dig. She actually had a thread about it. I was just asking if that's who told her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

What Cheekygal is saying is partly true,i have been in prison its not something im proud of but we all make mistakes in life.Yes they have PlayStations and televisions but definitely no arcades,they have weight rooms not gyms and no swimming pools,and no prison in Ireland allows girlfriends to come in to "catch up" dont know where you got that out of,and in Cork prison you have a bucket to use as your toilet but only to urinate in,and yes you have to empty it out the morning after.

Thank you.

I wasn't full of sh*t, I may have been slightly wrong but it is true. And to answer Kiera's question.. I didn't want to mention my ex as that's a touchy subject and I'm trying to forget about him.

And in relation to the 30 mins time, call me gullable or naive I don't mind, but it was a topic on the Adrian Kennedy show and a prison officer did phone in to say it's true int he prison which he works in. Whether that's actually true or not I don't know, but i'm sure majority of people who listend in that night did beleive it to be true considering it was broadcasted on live radio! Phone them up yourselves for proof, i'm not claiming it to be fact

• Advertisement

but i'm sure majority of people who listend in that night did beleive it to be true considering it was broadcasted on live radio!

Everything on live radio must be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

And in relation to the 30 mins time, call me gullable or naive I don't mind, but it was a topic on the Adrian Kennedy show and a prison officer did phone in to say it's true int he prison which he works in. Whether that's actually true or not I don't know, but i'm sure majority of people who listend in that night did beleive it to be true considering it was broadcasted on live radio! Phone them up yourselves for proof, i'm not claiming it to be fact
    You need a serious crash course in critical thinking if you unquestioningly believe the **** you hear on Adrian Kennedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The prison where I worked, each unit had an Xbox, flatscreen television , DVDs and a basketball court, there was also a gym, sports hall and a swimming pool. The kids weren't locked in their rooms, unless they were in the secure unit. They got fed around 5 times a day (3 meals and bits and pieces in between) and had pizza on a Friday if they had a good week.
    They even had underfloor heating, yet they still couldn't wait to get out of there when their time was up :eek:
    Mind you, there was a high recidivism rate. Must have been gagging for some of those tasty prison pizzas.

The prison where I worked, each unit had an Xbox, flatscreen television , DVDs and a basketball court, there was also a gym, sports hall and a swimming pool. The kids weren't locked in their rooms, unless they were in the secure unit. They got fed around 5 times a day (3 meals and bits and pieces in between) and had pizza on a Friday if they had a good week.
    They even had underfloor heating, yet they still couldn't wait to get out of there when their time was up :eek:
    Mind you, there was a high recidivism rate. Must have been gagging for some of those tasty prison pizzas.

^^This, in conjunction with your "great screw" comment troubles me greatly.

^^This, in conjunction with your "great screw" comment troubles me greatly.

I was a great screw. Many a door I opened up for those kiddies.

I was a great screw. Many a door I opened up for those kiddies.

Stop digging windy - stop digging ... :pac:

Stop digging windy - stop digging ... :pac:

But I loved to see the joy on their faces as I stuck it

Eh, actually maybe I will stop now :cool:

Goddam little SOB's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Whether that's actually true or not I don't know, but i'm sure majority of people who listend in that night did beleive it to be true considering it was broadcasted on live radio!

Well then..........

Hi Cheeky Gal I am an important business man. I have picked your name from the internet and immediately sought to contact you with this immense business opportunity.

Please send me the significant bank details so we can begin to work in the business together and help you with cash flow.

Salutations,

Ekmar El AnonoBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Why would you believe that sh1t? "Because someone said it" doesn't count as a reason.

It's true, in some prisons around Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Or they're just scumbags doing Life on the installment plan.

Advertisement