Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody in Jail?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

your allowed 15 minutes visiting in the joy a week. From behind glass

I hate idiots who make up BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Pace2008 wrote: »
    You need a serious crash course in critical thinking if you unquestioningly believe the **** you hear on Adrian Kennedy.

Maybe if you opened your eyes and were less argumentative you would see that I wrote "contact them if you want proof. I'm not saying it's fact".

So get off your high horse "big man" :mad:

tc2010 wrote: »
    your allowed 15 minutes visiting in the joy a week. From behind glass

Has that changed recently? I was in there (on a tour) about 9 years ago. They took us into the visiting rooms and there was no glass between the inmates and the visitors. They just sat across from eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I hear that everyone in Mountjoy get's their own private cell with all the mod cons...oh a pun...yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Maybe if you opened your eyes and were less argumentative you would see that I wrote "contact them if you want proof. I'm not saying it's fact".
    Do your own bloody homework. If you want to avoid this sort of criticism, get your facts straight before relaying them to everyone else. An anonymous radio show in which 50% of the participants are idiots and 49% are people winding up the idiots is not a reliable source of information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

flyton5 wrote: »
    the mod cons...oh a pun...yay.

Its a human rights issue if they deny the wearing of Parkas as part of the prison uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I think it's ridiculous.

They have their own gym, playstations, arcade, sunday roasts like every day! Punishment my ar*e. And was listening to Adrian kennedy there recently and according to a survey majority of prisons allow the prisoners girlfriends' to go into a room with them for 30mins to "catch up". :mad:

Apparently though in the Joy, they have a bucket they have to do their business in throughout the night and then in the mornings they have to "empty their bucket" *gags*
    It's a hard-knock life, for us... it's a hard-knock life, for us...

....etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Sanjuro wrote: »
    It's a hard-knock life, for us... it's a hard-knock life, for us...

....etc.

Now I have an image of a buch of pasty, needle stuck junkies mopping a big metal stairway in the joy while dancing and singing.... odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Yeah, loads of us ...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Thank you.

I wasn't full of sh*t, I may have been slightly wrong but it is true. And to answer Kiera's question.. I didn't want to mention my ex as that's a touchy subject and I'm trying to forget about him.

And in relation to the 30 mins time, call me gullable or naive I don't mind, but it was a topic on the Adrian Kennedy show and a prison officer did phone in to say it's true int he prison which he works in. Whether that's actually true or not I don't know, but i'm sure majority of people who listend in that night did beleive it to be true considering it was broadcasted on live radio! Phone them up yourselves for proof, i'm not claiming it to be fact

Cheeky_gal,

You're great. I reckon you're some bloke taking the piss, but from these and your previous posts, I find you hillarious. Keep it up....

I missed ya:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

So get off your high horse "big man" :mad:

Surely if you come on here and state something as "fact", the onus is on you to back up what you say - not on other posters to disprove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think it's ridiculous.

They have their own gym, playstations, arcade, sunday roasts like every day! Punishment my ar*e. And was listening to Adrian kennedy there recently and according to a survey majority of prisons allow the prisoners girlfriends' to go into a room with them for 30mins to "catch up". :mad:

Apparently though in the Joy, they have a bucket they have to do their business in throughout the night and then in the mornings they have to "empty their bucket" *gags*

Welcome back, cheeky gal! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

I think it's ridiculous.

bu11**** alert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

Why would anyone in jail deserve internet access - fück them, their free meals and free 52" TVs

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

Here in China, the occasional foreigner gets sent to prison for something.

Prison goes like this:
    A square concrete room with nothing in it but a bucket, you and 15 other guys.

Nothing to do but sit on the floor all day.

I read the blog of this American who was sent there.
    Some guys developed huge calluses on their feet and legs after sitting in the concrete room for 15 years or so.

Thanks Rigger, Thanks MardiB.
    Surely if you come on here and state something as "fact", the onus is on you to back up what you say - not on other posters to disprove it?

Are you actually saying these words? Can you not read. Seriously open your eyes..I've said it a countless number of times, I am not stating it as fact that prisoners have all these luxuries, It's just what I hear on the Adrian Kennedy show. I said - you can phone Adrian or Jeremy up if you want to take this further. I don't particularly care. Although having said that I did have a few people back me up in saying that it is kinda true so there ya go.

Dunno if you read the metro this morning but I had a lil chuckle to myself in the mail metro section, it was about prisoners ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I have never been there, nor do I ever aspire to be, live and let live I say...just so long as it keeps me out of prison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

You need a serious crash course in critical thinking if you unquestioningly believe the **** you hear on Adrian Kennedy.

Who is Adrian Kennedy?

sligopark wrote: »
    Who is Adrian Kennedy?

An absolute heart throb <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Thanks Rigger, Thanks MardiB.

Are you actually saying these words? Can you not read. Seriously open your eyes..I've said it a countless number of times, I am not stating it as fact that prisoners have all these luxuries, It's just what I hear on the Adrian Kennedy show. I said - you can phone Adrian or Jeremy up if you want to take this further. I don't particularly care. Although having said that I did have a few people back me up in saying that it is kinda true so there ya go.

Dunno if you read the metro this morning but I had a lil chuckle to myself in the mail metro section, it was about prisoners ha

Haha, from the Adrian Kennedy show to the Metro, ffs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

i spent most of last night in jail, try as i might i just couldn't roll a double....

sligopark wrote: »
    Who is Adrian Kennedy?
    He has a radio slot on FM104 which is basically a post-watershed Joe Duffy show, except whilst Joe Duffy is an (influential) idiot who takes his half-wit listeners seriously, Adrian is quite tongue-in-cheek and tends to wind his callers up, though of course this generally goes right over their thick heads.

Are you actually saying these words? Can you not read. Seriously open your eyes..I've said it a countless number of times, I am not stating it as fact that prisoners have all these luxuries, It's just what I hear on the Adrian Kennedy show. I said - you can phone Adrian or Jeremy up if you want to take this further
    The lads and I have rang the show before when we were sitting around having a few cans, just for the laugh. That's what the show is - a circus and a piss-take, not something from which you'd glean valid information on current affairs.

If I were to take what I hear from it at face value I'd believe blacks were given free socks from the government, and we were being surveyed by UFOs and under threat of imminent alien invasion.

If I were to take what I hear from it at face value I'd believe blacks were given free socks from the government, and we were being surveyed by UFOs and under threat of imminent alien invasion.

Listen, I'm not stupid. Of course I know majority of the callers are p*ss takers. I'm sorry to go off topic here but I'm laughing thinking about this here.. There was one time when the topic was "how wrong it is that when macdonalds include a piece of fruit in their kiddies meals that the piece of fruit is a lil packet of raisins and thats considered the piece of fruit"..

Well someone called in to talk about it and Jeremy went "thanks for raisin the topic" ha

And I'm not gay btw or sad or a low life or whatever way I'm coming across here ha but I do admit I fall asleep listening to the show...cuz I'd be knackered after work :)

Listen, I'm not stupid. Of course I know majority of the callers are p*ss takers. I'm sorry to go off topic here but I'm laughing thinking about this here.. There was one time when the topic was "how wrong it is that when macdonalds include a piece of fruit in their kiddies meals that the piece of fruit is a lil packet of raisins and thats considered the piece of fruit"..

Well someone called in to talk about it and Jeremy went "thanks for raisin the topic" ha

And I'm not gay btw or sad or a low life or whatever way I'm coming across here ha but I do admit I fall asleep listening to the show...cuz I'd be knackered after work :)
    WTF?

It's a guilty pleasure of mine too, though, I must admit.

The phone show, that is. Not being gay.

WTF?

It's a guilty pleasure of mine too, though, I must admit.

Haha are you actually gay? Not that I have anything against gay people but I myself wouldn't really be into it now !

Two minutes after my ninja edit there, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

^^^facepalm_cat.jpg^^

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

And I'm not gay btw or sad or a low life or whatever way I'm coming across here ha but I do admit I fall asleep listening to the show...cuz I'd be knackWTE]

Who??

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    Who??

Adrian + Jeremy. They present the phoneshow.

Advertisement