Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roundwood GP Saturday 21st August 2010

• 17-08-2010 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Date Saturday 21st August 2010

Location Roundwood GAA Hall

Eligible categories UnderAge, Ladies Juniors, A3, A4

Start time A3, A4, Ladies and Juniors 12.00pm. Sign on from 10.30am to 11.30am

Start time: Underage 10am for U12s, U14s and U16s
    Sign on from 9.00am to 9.30am

U12 Out and back course on filter beds, distance, 2.5km approx

U14 Three quarters of a lap, 9km approx

U16s: 2 laps, 24km approx

Seniors 5 laps, 60km

Course Start/finish is in centre of straight on filter beds, beside lakes near Roundwood.
    Course is 12km approx. From Start/finish, circuit goes anti-clockwise, to Diamond Hill, then to Tomriland crossroads, then to Annagowlan, then to Ballyduff Cross, through Knockfadda, and left after Knockfadda to start/finish. Course is used as Bray Wheelers Club Championship circuit, and has been used as the Christy McManus Memorial race for last few years.
    Contact Mark Loughran or Mark Murphy
    Entry fee €10.00

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=110670622487595265203.00048df05b218d9d0e3bf&source=embed&ll=53.04338,-6.191654&spn=0.044688,0.165138&z=13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Just a reminder that this is on tomorrow, for anyone interested in taking part;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Any decent hills on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

100Suns wrote: »
    Any decent hills on it?

it's rolling with one short kicker.

Great race. Thanks to the organisers.. A real sufferfest. In a break all day. Damien Shaw, the Mullingar race monster won.

Well done. Did you place? Was a funny one in the pack. We were told on the last 2 laps that the gap was 15 seconds. We saw 3 riders up the road and brought them back on the last lap. Big gallop to the finish line. We went back looking for our points to be told there were 8 or 9 riders home! We never had ye in sight. There were plenty of attacks going off the front but nothing was sticking. The pace was reasonably high so ye did really well to stay away. I presume it was all A4's that stayed away from the start? If not, I must have blacked out for a while:confused: well done again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

100Suns wrote: »
    Well done. Did you place? Was a funny one in the pack. We were told on the last 2 laps that the gap was 15 seconds. We saw 3 riders up the road and brought them back on the last lap. Big gallop to the finish line. We went back looking for our points to be told there were 8 or 9 riders home! We never had ye in sight. There were plenty of attacks going off the front but nothing was sticking. The pace was reasonably high so ye did really well to stay away. I presume it was all A4's that stayed away from the start? If not, I must have blacked out for a while:confused: well done again.

I thought they said the gap was 50 seconds. There were a few A3s that got across to them with 2 laps to go.

There was a crash on the last lap - at least one rider collided with a van going the opposite way.

I thought they said the gap was 50 seconds. There were a few A3s that got across to them with 2 laps to go.

There was a crash on the last lap - at least one rider collided with a van going the opposite way.

I heard the van skid as we went past it and it sounded like it was running into the verge or hedge. That's horrific. Any news on the condition of the rider? The forward sight distance was not good on that stretch and it was winding up there for the finish. Riders and organizers have to take some responsibility but now is not the time for that. Fingers crossed he's alright and will be back on the bike tomorrow. Puts things in perspective. Let's hope for the best.

Yeah I got 6th. We (A4's) got a 1 minute start and I was expecting the usual sit up until the A3's came through but instead we got lots working and drilled it in the first lap. 6 of us got a gap on the climb out of the Fairy beds so we worked hard to get a good lead of 2 minutes on the A3's after the first lap.

We worked hard and stayed away until the end of the second last lap, the guys in our break tired badly around then. A few (7ish) A3's caught us at that stage. Basically it was Damien Shaw and whoever could hang on his wheel ;) The last lap was very disorganised but no one was coming from the main bunch so it was looking like a bunch sprint. I had a plan to attack coming up the last bump in the road about 2k from the finish but instead countered an attack about a k before that. Didn't have the legs to keep the guys off so it came down to the 10 of us sprinting for the honours. Happy to have come away with a place from that but a bit disappointed I didn't get more from one of the earlier moves.

Legs are tired now but they'd better recover for tomorrow!

Advertisement