Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need places for a christening party in Lucan area.

• 17-08-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭

Hi,

we are trying to find some place suitable for our son's christening - the thing is that my mother is in a wheelchair and my mother in law is having chemo so crowds are out (bad for her immune system)...if anyone has any ideas we would be greatful. It will be around 11-2 on a Saturday. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

O'Neils has a function room. It can be closed off to stop people coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Kennys does too,it's out the back behind the lounge.

The Foxhunter might be an option too,it's all on one level so handy for the wheelchair and wouldn't be too packed at that hour on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Hi Cathy - I'm not sure if you're looking for food and/or drinks so here are a few more ideas

O'Neills was once the home of the best pub grub in Lucan - but no longer does food. The back lounge would be deserted on a Saturday but has steps which would mean your mother would have to brought in via a fire exit door at the side( through the smoking area IIRC)

Kennys does do food and has a private area at the rear but again there might be accessibility problems - possibly involving a trip through the carpark - You would also have to check if the food is available on a Saturday

I occasionally frequent both of those pubs and know both of the managers - I can send you contact no.s if you wish.

However if I myself was doing something like that in the locality I would also consider the following options (Note I would be bringing non drinking parents and a lot of small kids)

I had my sons and daughters communions in the Lucan Golf Club (I'm not a member and don't play) Food was fine - packed at the time as there were a lot of communions on - but it should be quieter on a regular Saturday. Again you'd have to check accessibilty though.

I was at my Godsons communion in the Springfield where we were put in a private room off the main restaurant - It held about 25 I think - Food was lovely.

The Foxhunter was mentioned above and could be an option - perhaps drop by on a Saturday - food is also fine there

A couple of others that might be worth thinking about - Becketts http://www.beckettshotel.ie/restaurant.html
    The Courtyard in Leixlip - had a family celebration there - again it was fine
    Di Bella - An Italian restaurant at Griffeen shopping centre - apparently its expensive in the evening but does a very reasonable lunch - thats word of mouth - I've not been myself
    Thats all I can think of at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsDarcy

would really recommend the Springfield - been to several family things there and service was great etc

wouldnt be mad on the fox to be honest

Kennys is also great although like above said wouldn't be sure on accessibility and crowds etc

If it were possibly how about a marquee in your back garden and hiring someone to cater - the weather is usually good in September and its means the crowd can be kept to a minimum :)

Advertisement