Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Views on Samsung : Galaxy S and Samsung Wave

Options
  • 17-08-2010 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

I have been reading reviews of these two phones but was looking for personal opinion, anyone got one of these phones, what do you think of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have the Wave and think it is one of the best phones available at the moment at any price. I am not app happy and prefer it's size and build quality to that of the Galaxy. These are just my personal preferences.

Were I into apps and Android, I would probably have got the Galaxy.

Apart from memory capacity, the Wave is as technically well equipped as an iPhone 4 and is as well built. It can be had for almost exactly half the price sim free.

The Wave takes great photos and videos, the screen is the best you can get on a mobile device and is a pleasure to view. The audio sound quality via the headphone socket is superb, with good headphones. As good as my iPod. It just does everything very well and is a pleasure to use.

The one niggle is the time it takes to get a GPS position. It takes too long. I believe there is a similar problem with the Galaxy and that Samsung is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, probably to be included in the Android OS 2.2 update due for the Galaxy in Sep. I am pretty sure there will be a firmware update for the Wave also as it is almost identical hardware wise except for the screen size, memory and OS.

I'm very happy with mine.

Advertisement