Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog behaviour modification in cork..

Options
  • 17-08-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Need your advice
    yesterday our family cavalier bit Lady and killed our amazing 9 year old family yorkie Ebony.. im devestated :(

here is the story...

incident happened..we took Ebony to the vet & he said it was a bit wound under her tummy, near her back legs, he said she would be more than likely ok but his only worry was her heart because she was in such sever shock.. he couldnt stitch the wound as he said where she got bitten was swelling and if stitched they would just burst again from swelling, so what he did was helped her blood clot and gave her 2 injections (he told me what they were but for the life of me they have slipped my mind, one was vitamin something and dont know the other) he also gave her a course of antibiotics to start tommorow.. he said to keep her inside in a dog cage where her movement was restricted, she was alert when we brought her home and about 30mins later she was DEAD!!!!!!! im so upset.... we rang vet and he said that it was due to the strain that was on her heart and it was too much for her.. Ive had that dog since i was young and am heartbroken..

straight away my family said we were getting rid of Lady... i agreed at the time but today I think I dont want to.. she is the nicest sweetest dog and is only 3years... but when it came to the yorkie she sometimes got very jealous (they all got treated the same though)

So what im looking for advice on is is there any dog behaviour modification or training classes in cork or in the munster area....

the reason I dont want to give up on her is she is a pup to another cavalier (Honey) we had who died earlier in the year or a stroke.. so she is a reminder of her mam to us. also we have a young westie pup (6mnts old) and Lady gets on great with her. like she is in no way aggressive towards people or towards our westie..

since the dreadful incident Lady was hit.. severely given out to and locked in her dog house..

just dont know where to go from here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Hi Maggie,

Drop me an email info@creedonsdoggiedaycare.com We have training classes and advice that I could give you.

Include any previous history of aggression that lady has had, and a full brief of the incident.

Really sorry for everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Maggie I am so sorry to hear about Ebony. I'm sure Lady did not mean to kill her intentionally. It was an accident that Ebony died. The same thing happened with me with 2 of my bitches. They were always fighting over who was top bitch. Unfortunately size wise they were not even.
    Also Lady is in pup and bitches can get narky while in pup. I would take Lady out of the dog house and you will probably find she is looking for Ebony and cannot understand where she is gone.
    Once you have a few dogs, pack mentality breaks in. Once again I am so sorry but please take time to think about things.

Advertisement