Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Emerald?

• 17-08-2010 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know anyone (in Dublin) that stocks secondhand GBA games? I want to get Pokemon Emerald to try the Nuzlocke challenge and make use of Pal Park!

And Hoenn was the best in terms of variety of pokemon too.

Anyone have any ideas? Or failing that, somewhere cheap to get one online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Dont know anywhere that sells GBA games anymore, but try some second hand shops/music stores. Be carful buying online as they could be fake, and in fake games, you wont be able to palpark pokemon onto a ds cart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

I still have my emerald cart somewhere, could sell it to ya. About 15 quid seems fair since it's pretty rare these days. No box or manual though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Note: If you're selling anything please take it to Adverts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

If you're buying through e-bay, just make sure the cart is green, the picture looks like it was taken for the ad rather than sourced for the ad if you know what I mean, ask the seller for pics of both sides of the cart (so you can look for a tri-gram screw head) and if possible a shot of the board up the connector so you can spot Nintendo branding etc etc - there are guides on what to look for. Proper carts are usually reassuringly expensive, €15-25 depending on condition and packaging, although for the upper end you'd be looking for Red/Green redux with the wireless GBA adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Also another tip would be to try buy from the UK or the US and avoid Hong Kong and other Asian countries. Japan is generally fine though. I have a fake Emerald and it has the tri-gram screw head so just be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Does Gamestop still sell it new for 50 euros? They did when D/P were out here for a year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Does Gamestop still sell it new for 50 euros? They did when D/P were out here for a year! :D

No. It's loooooong gone from Gamestop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I just got Ruby and Emerald off of eBay €15 for both but the internal batteries are dead and the files keep corrupting the guy said he's gonna send me out replacements which is extremely dodgy in my opinion(does he just have loads of copies of these games lying around? I doubt it) but yea nuzlockes were horrible i kept endin up with like two beautiflys and **** what a pain :mad: I only got them so is i could get me a regi trio

Advertisement