Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Fight Before Christmas... Part III

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    They might be;) There is exceptional talent there also in Paul, Tim, Paddy, Andreas and Marius (dont know about his opponent tho lol);)
    I just hope Marius respects his elders.

Barry got the photo of me for the fight poster by scanning my seniors travel pass...my only hope is that I don't die of old age before December 3rd.

I want to be the first fighter to die of natural causes during a fight :)

It's going to be a great night...looking forward to watching the other fights as much as I'm looking forward to my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

"A congenital heart defect has apparently felled Heffernan moments before he could step into the ring."

Sorry Will, doesnt count, you didnt make it into the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

dunkamania wrote: »
    "A congenital heart defect has apparently felled Heffernan moments before he could step into the ring."

Sorry Will, doesnt count, you didnt make it into the ring
    Barry would have me on life support and would wheel me into the ring in on a gurney if he has to...don't worry...I'll make it there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Tickets are flying out. Get yours quick

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Banks

Where bouts this being held??? Good looking card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Here you go on the rules that everyone involved (around 15 gyms and a good few promoters) agreed on. Effectively; "Semi Pro" no longer exists. We've amateur and pro. Can't wait to get these into play. We've needed amateur with head shots for a long, long time. :cool:

Click Here for Rules

Thanks "Stalker" oh sorry Shane lol;)

Maybe mods could but this up on seperate thread giving its importance!

Tks
    Urs
    x

The show will be held in Whitehall Colmcille GAA Club, Collins Avenue, Dublin 9. It's eaily accessed from the city and from the M50/M1

Tickets are available from:
    Rush Fight Academy
    Tuatha De Dannan (Portlaoise)
    Informed Performance (Glasnevin)
    Any of the fighters involved in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭mmaireland.com

Thanks "Stalker" lol;)

You're welcome Rose. :D

I'm delighted to announce that the good folks at Ultimate MMA Supplies have come on board and will be selling all of the top MMA equipment and fashion brands at The Fight Before Christmas.

So bring along some extra cash to pick yourself up a Christmas pressie or two.

Thanks to all the guys at Ultimate MMA Supplies for their continued support of domestic mixed martial arts

• Advertisement

There's been som of the usual changes to the card which I'll detail tomorrow, but don't worry, it's just some musical chairs and not a rake of dropouts.

I'm posting this to tell everyone to get their finger out and get their tickets! 70% of capacity has been sold. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

Just 2 weeks to go and here is the final fight card. Ths is not the final running order. 3 great pro fights topping a card full of exciting new C class bouts. I'm all a flutter with excitement. There are still some tickets availabe from some of the clubs and we have a few left in informed performance but not many. Get yours now.

A Tim Murphy PBS vs Paul Cowzer Rush 66kg

A Will Heffernan IPMMA vs Marius Lapenas Leixlip Light Heavy

B Andreas Lovbrand Hilti vs Paddy Hoolihan SBG 62kg

C Grant Carroll IPMMA vs Richie Edgeworth Ryano Bantam

C Przemek Mucha IPMMA vs Rab Cooke PCCB Welterweight

C Glen Mulcahy IPMMA vs Dee Murphy PCCB Featherweight

C Kenneth Brett SBG vs Karl Moore PCCB Heavyweight

C Giedrius Meksarunas IPMMA vs Martynas Suslavicius Leixlip Welterweight

C Alan Kerslake Rush vs Brendan O’Shea cork 62kg

C Sid Allen PBS vs David the Pole SW 77kg

C Joey Breslin SBG Ross Fegan SW 68kg catch

C Glen O’Connor TDD vs Marius Alexandravicius Ferocity 77kg

C Luke Corcoran SBG vs Kieran O’Donnell TDD 70kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Just 2 weeks to go and here is the final fight card. Ths is not the final running order. 3 great pro fights topping a card full of exciting new C class bouts. I'm all a flutter with excitement. There are still some tickets availabe from some of the clubs and we have a few left in informed performance but not many. Get yours now.

A Tim Murphy PBS vs Paul Cowzer Rush 66kg

A Will Heffernan IPMMA vs Marius Lapenas Leixlip Light Heavy

B Andreas Lovbrand Hilti vs Paddy Hoolihan SBG 62kg

C Grant Carroll IPMMA vs Richie Edgeworth Ryano Bantam

C Przemek Mucha IPMMA vs Rab Cooke PCCB Welterweight

C Glen Mulcahy IPMMA vs Dee Murphy PCCB Featherweight

C Kenneth Brett SBG vs Karl Moore PCCB Heavyweight

C Giedrius Meksarunas IPMMA vs Martynas Suslavicius Leixlip Welterweight

C Alan Kerslake Rush vs Brendan O’Shea cork 62kg

C Joey Breslin SBG Ross Fegan SW 68kg catch

C Glen O’Connor TDD vs Marius Alexandravicius Ferocity 77kg

C Luke Corcoran SBG vs Kieran O’Donnell TDD 70kg

That's a strong card, should be an interesting night!

Andreas Vs Paddy should be a great fight.
    He has a second name you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Tim Murphy PBS vs Paul Cowzer Rush 66kg

Awesome fight Barry!
    Fair Play for having the clout to pull this off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

roper wrote:

I think his name is David Majiewski, he did the beginners course at PBG years ago. I am sure Kevin or Vinny know his second name for sure, maybe they can correct me if I am wrong.

I'm only going on the information I recieved which was that his name is "David from Poland" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

I'm only going on the information I received which was that his name is "David from Poland" :D
    lols, so its his coaches that don't know his second name, that didn't occur to me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Im banking it ends in "ski" anyway.

Really wish I could see the Tim Murphy/Paul Cowzer fight! Tim is a solid all rounder with a unique style. Paul coming from a strong boxing background. Although I have not seen him fight since cage rage in the point. Im sure his ground game has come on leaps and bounds.

Should be a good one.

Im banking it ends in "ski" anyway.

Really wish I could see the Tim Murphy/Paul Cowzer fight! Tim is a solid all rounder with a unique style. Paul coming from a strong boxing background. Although I have not seen him fight since cage rage in the point. Im sure his ground game has come on leaps and bounds.

Should be a good one.
    It's been a long time since CR in the Point! Jesus, it's been a long time since we had The Point!!!!

Ticket purchase info:
    Most of the tickets are out with the gyms right now though I may get a few back next week. If you require any tickets and are attending either of these events, then come and see me:

Informed Performance Mini Leagues- Saturday 27th. Tickets available at reception in the gym.

Battle Zone 1- I'll be judging at cageside and I'll have some tickets with me. I'll be wearing a pink carnation in my top pocket so you'll recognise me. And also a Drysdale Jiu Jitsu tee shirt to make myself even more recognisable :)

Oh no not carnations - you wud suit beautiful pink gerbra in your hair;)

Really great card! I think you could have fight of the year in Paul and Tim, two entertaining fighters:) The rest of the card is also packed and really good to end a great year of Irish MMA:cool:

Urs
    x

I don't want to embarrass him but referee Dave Jones has donated most of his fee to Saint Vincent de Paul and I will be matching that.

http://www.svp.ie/Home.aspx

SVP do a lot of work for the desperately poor and disadvantaged and their services are in huge demand in the winter months. I kow we're all thinking of austerity plans and the IMF but we're lucky enough to be doing it in front of a computer screen I suppose. Thanks to Dave for this great idea.

• Advertisement

Just an indication of Daves character and very charitable this time of year;)

Also nice to see that its a charity who works hard for the people in Ireland!

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

Just an indication of Daves character and very charitable this time of year;)

Also nice to see that its a charity who works hard for the people in Ireland!

Urs
    x
    I second that!! Very good on both Daves and Barrys behalf on just to add to that i also will be making a donation to the charity. Very good cause.

Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 29 gary s

cant wait for tim vs paul should be a great fight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I don't want to embarrass him but referee Dave Jones has donated most of his fee to Saint Vincent de Paul and I will be matching that.

SVP do a lot of work for the desperately poor and disadvantaged and their services are in huge demand in the winter months. I kow we're all thinking of austerity plans and the IMF but we're lucky enough to be doing it in front of a computer screen I suppose. Thanks to Dave for this great idea.

Fair play to Dave and yourself, im going to jump on the bandwagon and give mine to st michaels house as with a special needs child its close to my heart.. Thanks for the idea Dave..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Philpott1mm4

Lads, this is brilliant, really good idea, donating to charitys. Use will make alot of people extra happy this year and that is something to be proud off, i know the whole irish mma community is proud of use for doing this. Fair play boys. a roud of applause for you guys is definately needed.

Paul you deserve a medal mate, i have a disabled sister who unfortunately goes through alot of operations etc, and i kno whow hard it is matey. Also deserve a round of applause for how well of a father you are mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭The Bad Pawn

Sounds like a very good cause

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 johnMma

really looking forward to these fights, cant wait to see luke fight its going to be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

SVP do a lot of work for the desperately poor and disadvantaged and their services are in huge demand in the winter months. I kow we're all thinking of austerity plans and the IMF but we're lucky enough to be doing it in front of a computer screen I suppose. Thanks to Dave for this great idea

Excellent gesture of good will, particularly this time of year. Can't make this myself but will be happy to make a donation. Fair play boyz.

5 days to go now everyone. I have 60 extra tickets thanks to the venue and some returns so if you haven't got yours yet, now would be a good time.

I'm also looking for a 70kg A class fighter for Conor McGregor (4-2). Late notice, purse details etc. available on request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

5 days to go now.

Ah fck it anyway, I thought this was on Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

What time do the doors open?

Full Schedule for the Fight Before Christmas III- this Friday night, December 3rd

Fighters arrive for medical, rules meeting etc. 5.30pm

Doors open at 7pm

First fight takes place at 8pm

The venue:
    Whitehall Colmcille GAA Club is located on Collins Avenue in Whitehall, Dublin 9.
    By car from the city- travel away from the city on Dorset Street/Drumcondra Road/Swords Road until you come to the crossroads with Collins Avenue. Turn right and travel through the next crossroads. The venue is on the right hand side.

By car from M50- Travel Northbound on the M50 to Airport/Santry/Port Tunnel exit. Exit to Port Tunnell/City and travel on the M1/N1 towards City centre. Take the first left after the Port Tunnel exit onto Collins Avenue. Travel through the next crossroads. The venue is on the right hand side.

By bus- 20B, 16, 16A, 41, 33, 104

SOME TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR. PRICE €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Full Schedule for the Fight Before Christmas III- this Friday night, December 3rd

Fighters arrive for medical, rules meeting etc. 5.30pm

Doors open at 7pm

First fight takes place at 8pm

The venue:
    Whitehall Colmcille GAA Club is located on Collins Avenue in Whitehall, Dublin 9.
    By car from the city- travel away from the city on Dorset Street/Drumcondra Road/Swords Road until you come to the crossroads with Collins Avenue. Turn right and travel through the next crossroads. The venue is on the right hand side.

By car from M50- Travel Northbound on the M50 to Airport/Santry/Port Tunnel exit. Exit to Port Tunnell/City and travel on the M1/N1 towards City centre. Take the first left after the Port Tunnel exit onto Collins Avenue. Travel through the next crossroads. The venue is on the right hand side.

By bus- 20B, 16, 16A, 41, 33, 104

SOME TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR. PRICE €25

Best of luck with the show Barry, hope it all goes well.

Definately good fights on the card and I think could be excellent nite;)

Best of luck to all involved and as its 1st today Merry Christmas lol :cool:

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭d_jordan

Will there be a bar facility on the night??:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

any info on weigh ins barry?

Your coach has all the weigh in info Joey.

FULL BAR!

SHOW IS DEFINITELY ON!

NOT TO WORRY!

The venue is close to the M1 which should be kept clear and is on enough bus links to mean no one should have to take their cars. Coincidentally that should give you all the more reason to avail of the full bar. I'm talking to some cab companies about having a few cars waiting outside the venue to take you to your afterspot of choice. I'll keep you posted.

This is fairly amazing, 2 days out and not a single pull out from the card. Have I spoken too soon? We'll see.

Anyway it's going to be a great night. I'm looking forward to the new rules and to seeing the fights. Once again, there will be plenty of tickets available on the door so walk up with €25 and come on in.

Everyone is on weight and ready to go!

If you look outside your door you might notice it's a little snowy, and a lot of people have been asking if it's still on. As a result, please follow this advice:
    Wear several thin layers rather than a couple of heavy ones
    Make sure you have relatives come and check on you regularly

Seriously though, leave plenty of extra time to arrive at the venue and don't rush. The roads are pretty reasonable around here (I live very close to the venue) as we're on the main drag. I'm told there'll also be some improvement by tomorrow afternoon. However the venue is well served by buses either directly beside the venue or a short walk away and I would encourage everyone to use those.

So wrap up warm, get on the bus and come and see a great night of action!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭tyreman1

cant wait for MURPHY V COWZER...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

tyreman1 wrote: »
    cant wait for MURPHY V COWZER...........

Me either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Me either!

That makes 2 of us :)

Good luck and may the best man win

See ya tonight

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭David Jones

Makes 3 of us. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Seriously though, leave plenty of extra time to arrive at the venue and don't rush. The roads are pretty reasonable around here (I live very close to the venue) as we're on the main drag. I'm told there'll also be some improvement by tomorrow afternoon.

Just a heads up on travel in the area if it snows like last night.

It took me 3 hrs & 40 minutes to travel from Swords to Clarehall last night (by car). Took my son almost 2 hours to travel from Bolton St to Clarehall last night by bus. All afternoon and evening traffic.

Not trying to put the frightener's up anyone, just a heads up to check the weather in the area.

Best of luck to everyone involved tonight, should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will you be tweeting results barry?

The best of luck to Barry and all involved with the show tonite and especially to all the fighters!!! I was down that way earlier and all the roads look fine around by the venue so no excuses lads, get down and give support to all the fighters!!! Its gonna be a cracker of a show!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Estimated time for finishing. Want to make it down from Dundalk but mother is sceptical about matthews bus and what time the show would be over.

Failing that anyone making the drive and see's this could PM me ? I'll buy you a coffee and a bun!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Best of Luck with the show Barry boy & all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Weather update..

Its still clear here in North Dublin, roads are good to go.

Will you be tweeting results barry?
    Just incase Barrys up to his eyes tonite ill be doing my best to tweet the results!!! Bearing in mind that im thick as two doors and im just getting the hang of this whole thing so ill try my best. Im at [EMAIL="twitter@performanceMA"]twitter@performanceMA[/EMAIL]

Burke, Michael :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Thanks Gary, not a case of weather more a case of mothers being mothers and winter being winter. :D

Best of luck to the fighters and Barry hope it all goes well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement