Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to buy a surfboard, opinions needed

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Ive rented boards loads of times and i really enjoy surfing. I think the time has come to buy a board.

Im a beginner still i would say and want to get a longboard. Im 6"2 and around 15.5 stone. Im looking to buy a cheap enough board for starting out say less than 200 as i'll have to buy a wet suit too.
    Any ideas on where to get one. Im in Limerick.

Plus the car i drive is a 2 door without a roof rack and it wouldnt be possible to get one as it s a sports car. Is there a way i could transport the board with my car? I've seen people with the front seat removed but the board still wouldnt fit in my car.

Any help appreciated!:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

With your size I'd go for a 9 foot board, as regards transporting boards, you can get a soft roof rack , like this one
    http://store.magicseaweed.com/OAM-Softrack/Item/7916/
    They attach easy enough to the roof.There's pros and cons(same as anythig else) but if you can't get a roof rack these are a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

You can get hard racks for two door cars any good motorfactors will be able to sort you out. Give you weight you'll be better off with a longboard or at a push a bic mangnum 8'4 but eventually you'll go long. 9+ (9'6) and about 3 inches tick would be best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Meatwad wrote: »
    With your size I'd go for a 9 foot board, as regards transporting boards, you can get a soft roof rack , like this one
    http://store.magicseaweed.com/OAM-Softrack/Item/7916/
    They attach easy enough to the roof.There's pros and cons(same as anythig else) but if you can't get a roof rack these are a good alternative.

Thanks for the help. Would this be secure enough to hold a 9ft board on a car though? My car is 2 door with no opening back windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dave_brent

try micksgarage.ie

have roof racks for most models..

Advertisement