Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defer for a year

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

panda100 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about it and have decided to defer for these reasons. I want to be able to put my all into my study and with my finances the way they are Im just going to be stressed and worried.

Its crazy how these things work out but I've been offered two well paid jobs in an area that will stand to me when applying for social work. I'l be able to save at least €500 a month,If I really restrict my spendings,so i know im defiantely making the right decisions. The age thing really is irrelevant I think,though my family keeps telling me its not+im old :(

I was just wondering what is the best way to go about deferring?

I feel so bad telling them Im not taking the place after assuring them I will be taking it. I'll be in UCC tomorrow so shall I go in person to the course admin? I think they also may have booked flights for me to go on a study leave trip abroad as part of the course, shall I offer to pay for these flights??

fair play to you and as you say, sometimes these things work out, what with getting good job offers etc! I'm glad that that has worked out for you. I did my first undergrad thesis on mature students [ironically!!] and financial worry is one of the main reasons for dropping out. better to be in as good a place financially as possible!

Well, you need to tell them asap! Will the people be there if you rock up the office? If you're sure it'd be nice to go in person, otherwise get on the blower first thing. As for the tickets, well, i don't think you should feel obligated to pay for them, afterall, someone else may take up your place, but you could ask them about it.

Advertisement