Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who or what does your boards.ie nickname refer to

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

I only joined boards when doing my leaving cert for initially just to ask questions about stuff.

I wanted something related to the course and aul Shakepear was on the english course so I bodged his name into something meaningless but with meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

deadmau5..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

How I like my steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Using a 'c' instead of the 'n' wouldn't get past the swear filter...

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Calibos the son of Thetis patron goddess of the sea, was a handsome Young man destined to marry Princess Andromeda the daughter of Queen Cassiopeia thus one day becoming the eventual ruler of the rich city of Joppa and all of Phoenicia. However due to his mothers spoiling and indulgence of him since his birth, he committed unforgivable crimes in the eyes of Zeus the great god of Olympus. Zeus gave him the wells of the moon in his care but Calibos instead hunted trapped and killed every living creature including Zeus herd of sacred flying horses all except the one remaining horse Pegasus.As punishment for his shameful mark of vile cruelty, Zeus transformed him into becoming abhorrent to human sight, becoming a mortal mockery and thus being shunned and forced to live as an outcast in the swamps and marshes. Horns sprouted from his head, a long tail was formed and one foot became cloven attached to a goat like leg as well as the face becoming more devil like.In anger at what Zeus did to her beloved son, Thetis vowed that if Calibos could not marry Andromeda then no man would, and placed Perseus from his safe island into Joppa and blamed the treacherous move as being by chanceFor all Andromedas would be suitors for her hand in marriage, a test had to be passed first set by Calibos in the form of a riddle to be solved. All those that ultimately failed were burned at the steak. To relay each new riddle to Andromeda, Calibos called her astral image to his lair, which is brought by a giant vulture in a cage. On one such occasion, Perseus follows the Vulture with the princess whilst riding the flying horse Pegasus and with the aid of his helmet that renders the wearer invisible, he watches the proceedings and sees the answer to the riddle. Unknown to Perseus, Calibos sees the footprints he makes as he leaves the scene to seek Pegasus in the marsh. Calibos attacks Perseus but loses his hand to Perseus sword.Calibos pleads with both vulnerability and extreme hatred to his mother Thetis to seek justice for the loss of his hand but Thetis replies that Zeus himself protects Perseus.At the next ceremony for a new suitor, Perseus enters and guesses the riddle as being the ring of Calibos and casts the severed hand down and wins the right for the hand in Marriage of Andromeda. Foolishly Queen Cassiopeia compares Andromedas beauty as being lovelier than the Goddess Thetis herself which angers the goddess who in turn demands the life of Andromeda as a sacrifice to the Kraken in 30 days on the eve of the longest day of the year for her vain boast in the presence of her own sacred temple and for the injury inflicted on her son. The head of Medusa having been obtained is wrapped in Perseus robe which Calibos stabs to free the blood. This in turn enables three giant scorpions to gradually appear with which Perseus and his men have to do battle. Calibos is finally killed upon whipping Perseus around the neck and in the ensuing struggle; Perseus sword is thrown and embedded into Calibos chest.

My life Story :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

It's like a coldplay song. It means nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

preety easy I like the snow boarding and i like rock climbing, Im always called a monkey for my climbing style.

so snow-monkey made sence have been thinking of changing it more recently tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Leeg17 wrote: »
    First name / First letter Surname / Age when I joined.

How original. It's the username I use for *everything*

In b4 the Fag-o :p

Thanx bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Not much man, not much.

But really it's a Pearl Jam song and Pearl Jam are the single greatest thing to ever happen to anything ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I like rum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Brendog wrote: »
    <
    write it backwards.

Its funny if you say it like Matt Damon....

God Nerb?

What ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

No, I never got pally with a scally down an alley giving head for gear..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

2705629913_4efa246f4d.jpg

shady lane.. where's cocko i need to score

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I like rum

Didn't your husband post a few pages back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

SurnameFirstname.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Its two nicknames I put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Nolanger wrote: »
    SurnameFirstname.

You do realise it also reads as no langer? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭force majeure

As I like to talk about myself a lot [ooii put a sock in it back their I'm talking] I may as well tell the story. [look it here guys I'M TALKING so zip it] now where was I, yes i like to talk a lot................:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

SurnameFirstname.

Nger Nola? Stupid Dutch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

alwaysadub wrote: »
    You do realise it also reads as no langer? :pac:

Yep, but we can't change our username?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Mine has nothing to do with Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Yep, but we can't change our username?

You can if you subscribe. 5euro for a month. Can change it then.
    Did it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

self explanatory really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

inexpensive persian rugs :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Was looking for a username, looked out the window at the house across the road.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

inexpensive persian rugs :cool:

in that case wouldn't it be 'Cheap Mat'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

It's 'C#' but using the words 'sea' and 'sharp' thus sounding the same.
    Eh, ya see what it did there, eh??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I am the source of bright, colourful things...

Not. I just like fluorescent stuff :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Something to do with a drum part I bought that day

Advertisement