Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish barbers in Aus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Im very fussy about my hair and I believe I know a good cut from a bad.

It took me years trawling around Dublin before I found a guy ( who owns the place across the road from Trinity / across from the D'olier screen ) went to him and him only for 5 years. I think its the trinity Barber, been so long.

Since moving to Brizzy I have found Esquire in Milton, its down a street opposite the Mary Ryans Book Shop on Park Road. Mark Rabone is the owner, a top bloke, a Brummy, proud of his Irish heritage, loves a good chat about, soccer, good music, triathlons and general all round top bloke and hair cutting type guru legend.

$35 odd per cut and you can have a beer or a juice while you get cut. I tend to tee my cuts up late on a Thurs or last cut on a Fri to enjoy the beer more.

They take bookings, which is great if you hate waiting, as you land in there for your slot and the waiting is minimal. Its always a min 30 min cut, with care and professionalism, scissors or blade and hot towel clean off at end. Also get a text message the morning before, to remind you, which I love cos I always forget and I tend to book a few days ahead.

His right hand woman, Puti is also an excellent hairdresser. There are some other cute girls who I have not had my hair cut by, but after spending 3 years being cut by him, I have heard about all the people he has let go, as standards were not where they should be.

Oh yeah a place in Byron Bay under Club La La land I also had an excellent cut, cant remember anything else other than it was a gent who did it.

My general rule is always get a cut from a man Im not in there to ogle chicks.

F*ck I worte a long post about hair cuts, must be that metrosexual crap in me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any decent places in Sydney (city) ? My hair looks like pox now, so I was gonna invest about $25 in getting a decent cut! Last one I got was $10, and it was a blind man who cut it!

Advertisement