Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster League (21/8/10)

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    So looks like we are to officially move this session to next week (Saturday 21st) and then have the final the following week.

Hopefully a larger contingent will be able to make it.

Also, as we are approaching the end, is a month between the end of Season 1 and the start of 2 too long or too short (or just right)?

Hey lads just wanted to post this early to remind people and to get numbers just incase its a repeat of last week. Info Below.
    The penultimate session in the first season of the Munster Super League. The fourth session saw dominance from D4RK ONION's Mokoto. Can (s)he see off the challenge from current league leader Matt? And of course, the rest of the league will be jostling for positions in the final two sessions...

Game: Super Street Fighter 4

Date: Saturday August 21st

Time: 13:00 GMT

Venue: Moviedrome, Limerick (Map)

Fee: €8

Prize: Bragging rights from session, €2 goes into prize fund for end of season, €1 goes into travel fund for end of season (train ticket to Dublin for finals / Inferno (12)).

Points Format:
    Attendance - 1 point
    Win (groups / league) - 2 points
    1st - 10 points
    2nd - 8 points
    3rd - 6 points
    4th - 4 points
    5-8th - 2 points

Format (dependent on numbers):
    Groups >> Double Elimination bracket
    OR
    Straightforward league

Attending? 10 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    40% 4 votes
    Maybe
    60% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I was just thinking about posting this, beat me to the punch. I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Japanese lessons are back to Saturdays from now on, so I shant be in attendence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Depending on a few things, I might try to get down.

Mainly if midlans is on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Ola! I shall be there with rust on :)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Looking like this might be a no-go again guys? Regardless we should have casuals if it doesnt go ahead. I need to play someone in person instead of online ryus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

going to be repping at midlans guys, sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm going and that puts us at 4. I think we should head down regardless. I'd do casuals as opposed to nothing, but the league would be preferrable.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No from me I'm afraid, work calls and I can not ignore it's shrill voice :(

Hmmmm....Would be preferable to have the league on - would leave one session left for next week with the winner (or next highest available) heading to Inferno the following week. Otherwise we end up waiting for Inferno (lucky number) 13 in October and I think that´s too far off.

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Still in Poland guys. Back Sunday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Hmmmm....Would be preferable to have the league on - would leave one session left for next week with the winner (or next highest available) heading to Inferno the following week. Otherwise we end up waiting for Inferno (lucky number) 13 in October and I think that´s too far off.

I'll come either way. If it's on, I'll come 4th. That sounds alright!

So basically its me, sabre, burning and mr k. I dont mind what we do guys as long as someone shows up, seriously haha. Ill be busy for the first hour but ill be down there at about 2.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Does it have to be a Saturday? We could do it some evening or have a House party style thing if one of you fine lads would be up for that!

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread until 2; will suggest it to those in attendance today but for others - Wednesday is the alternative and I am willing to host (Raheen direction) - unless someone else wants the honour.

Decision will be final - it's either today or Wednesday and the final session is next week...

🤪

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread until 2; will suggest it to those in attendance today but for others - Wednesday is the alternative and I am willing to host (Raheen direction) - unless someone else wants the honour.

Decision will be final - it's either today or Wednesday and the final session is next week...

Defo wont be able to do it during the week as im working 3pm to 11pm mon to fri. So im voting for today regardless (as im already in town) then spend the rest of the times as casuals. Plus i need a good stint with you sabre, ive barely played ya :pac:

Smaller contingent for this session for one reason or another but needed to get it out of the way with the last session next week and then Inferno the week after.

Each player played two matches against each other rather than other sessions where one match was played. Too easy for Rob! Mr. K did me a favour by taking one game off Burning Eclipse which was enough for me to take 2nd (games won-games lost).

Leaderboard after Session 5 (Points earned in Session 5 listed in bracket):
    Matt - 55 points
    D4RK ONION - 44 points
    Robbknoll - 42 points (+23)
    FutureGuy - 38 points
    Sairus - 36 points
    Sabre0001 - 36 points (+15)
    Burning Eclipse - 30 points (+13)
    Generic_name - 24 points
    DooM - 21 points
    Orim - 17 points
    Luke - 14 points
    Mr. K - 12 points (+5)
    Vaughn - 11 points
    Chopperbyrne - 7 points
    Sean - 3 points

🤪

Good games today guys. Hopefully be there next week.

Advertisement