Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming Content

Options
  • 17-08-2010 12:48pm

This probably is the wrong place entirely - only semi-think it's to do with the graphics on my laptop - if this is deemed the wrong forum, feel free to move mods. And apologies - I couldn't decide where to put it.

So I've noticed that whenever I try to stream videos, (i.e. youtube, and even on the TV3 website, I've noticed) a lot of the content doesn't work - it come up green and blurred. There is audio but the video is messed up. Anyone else experience this?

It's a Samsung R530 Windows 7 Home Premium.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

All those videos are flash based. What browser are you using. IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera, Chrome?

Try a different browser and see if that helps.

The next (or first) obvious thing to do it update your version of flash.

If that doesn't work disable hardware acceleration in flash.

5uspect wrote: »
    All those videos are flash based. What browser are you using. IE7, IE8, Firefox, Opera, Chrome?

Try a different browser and see if that helps.

The next (or first) obvious thing to do it update your version of flash.

If that doesn't work disable hardware acceleration in flash.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. It was the hardware acceleration that was causing the problem.

Advertisement