Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another flying question

Options
  • 17-08-2010 1:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

guys, lets say that somebodies girl friend done a test and it was positive......:D

now she is 46-47 days since her last period so max pregnancy time is what.....about 4-6 weeks give or take?????

were due to fly to Turkey on Saturday = 5 hour flight......

should we be worried?

thanks.
    first time posting in her so be gentle :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

I wouldn't have thought so, but best to ask her GP just in case. I flew to Italy when I was 8 weeks (ok its only a 2.5 hr flight) but my doc said there wasn't any reason not to. In fact what she did say was that 1 in 4 pgs end in early miscarriage (yep ... scary isn't it??) and if god forbid that did happen it probably would have happened anyway whether I'd been flying or not.

So ask the doctor just to be sure .....

PS Congrats :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Karmella wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought so, but best to ask her GP just in case. I flew to Italy when I was 8 weeks (ok its only a 2.5 hr flight) but my doc said there wasn't any reason not to. In fact what she did say was that 1 in 4 pgs end in early miscarriage (yep ... scary isn't it??) and if god forbid that did happen it probably would have happened anyway whether I'd been flying or not.

So ask the doctor just to be sure .....

PS Congrats :D

thanks Karmella,
    were not even at the GP stage. test was done yesterday, came up positive (how acurate are these things?)
    it came in a twin pack so the plan was to do another test tomorrow or should she do one sooner?

should she be booking an appointment with her GP ASAP?
    kinda new to this :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She should be booking in with the hospital ASAP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I flew to France on my 5th week. I'd just been to see my doc the day before andvshe was quite relaxed about it. She said I was pregnant not sick so don't stop doing things I'd normally do and listen to my body because it would let me know and it sure as hell dictated everything for 7 weeks!

She also said about the mc stats and told me not to worry about it because if it's going to happen it will regardless of how careful I am.

I've read different things about flying and in general it seems if you've no history of mc's it should be ok.

Get her to go see her doc for confirmation and a chat. Also she really does need to decide on ante natal care and contact the hospital.

Congrats!

ok, second test was positive too so time to contact the GP i think.
    thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

She should be fine to fly but she really needs to book hospital asap.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    She should be fine to fly but she really needs to book hospital asap.

she rang her GP this morning who told to go away as normal and she booked an appointment for Tuesday week.

should the hospital etc be booked after the GP visit or before hand?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

After but she is leaving it kind of late.
    The earlier she books the earlier her appointment will be and anomaly scan.
    Has she made the public/private decision yet? If she is going public leaving it later won't be as bad.
    The Dublin maternity hospitals are crazy atm it may not be so bad down the country though.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    After but she is leaving it kind of late.
    The earlier she books the earlier her appointment will be and anomaly scan.
    Has she made the public/private decision yet? If she is going public leaving it later won't be as bad.
    The Dublin maternity hospitals are crazy atm it may not be so bad down the country though.

were in Dublin.
    she has VHI so can get a private room in a public hospital but the costs of the consultants are mega, weve been tols 1500-3000min.

so tbh i think she is going public and more than likely Rotunda.
    so would i be correct in saying this should be the sequence of events :
    • going away on Sat 21st to 28th August
    • GP appointment Tuesday 31st Aug
    • ring hospital after the visit and arrange

thanks for all the info so far everyone.

Advertisement