Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lorraine Keane, "I think I'll write a book"...

• 17-08-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Some people just don't seem to be able to work out where their station in life should be pardon the pun.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/furious-tv3-will-never-work-with-lorraine-again-after-tellall-book-2299814.html

Here's another example of someone who read out an AA report on the radio a few times a day and ends up thinking she is someone. I'd argue that someone who needs to fall back on a workplace dispute and then throw out press release that says, ""It's not going to please everybody, but I am going to tell the truth. We were struggling from our first days in TV3. Leaving at the time was the straw that broke the camel's back. I know that people want to hear, and I'm going to tell them exactly how it was," in all seriousness really shouldn't bother writing a book at all. If this is the utter extent of your life story then please save us all the hassle of listening to you pimping your book in the run up to Christmas.

No Lorraine, people couldn't give a fiddler's sh*t about your departure from TV3, believe it or not Lorraine, at the moment people actually have more important things to worry about, and if the terms of your departure from TV3 are all you can think of to base a book on, please don't be living under the illusion that there is a sinner on this island who gives an utter sh*t about who you met in Lillies, why you left TV3, or what you are doing now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The people at TV3 don't seem to happy with it, I think they might give a fiddler's sh*t :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

MrDarcy wrote: »

No Lorraine, people couldn't give a fiddler's sh*t about your departure from TV3, believe it or not Lorraine, at the moment people actually have more important things to worry about, and if the terms of your departure from TV3 are all you can think of to base a book on, please don't be living under the illusion that there is a sinner on this island who gives an utter sh*t about who you met in Lillies, why you left TV3, or what you are doing now.

And yet, this book would sell like hotcakes.

People are interested in this 'celeb-goss' garbage for some reason. You don't care but a lot of others do unfortunatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭KevArno

Some people just don't seem to be able to work out where their station in life should be pardon the pun.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/furious-tv3-will-never-work-with-lorraine-again-after-tellall-book-2299814.html

Here's another example of someone who read out an AA report on the radio a few times a day and ends up thinking she is someone. I'd argue that someone who needs to fall back on a workplace dispute and then throw out press release that says, ""It's not going to please everybody, but I am going to tell the truth. We were struggling from our first days in TV3. Leaving at the time was the straw that broke the camel's back. I know that people want to hear, and I'm going to tell them exactly how it was," in all seriousness really shouldn't bother writing a book at all. If this is the utter extent of your life story then please save us all the hassle of listening to you pimping your book in the run up to Christmas.

Why would you care who writes a book?? If you are not interested in what someone has to say then books are the least intrusive way they can say it. Just don't pick up the book.

And that stuff about her 'station' is just pure sh!te. What was Richard Bransons 'station' before he became a tycoon? When does someone become good enough to write a book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

KevArno wrote: »
    When does someone become good enough to write a book?

When they have a talent for writing books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

AA roadwatch announcer writes book.

What interesting information could she possibly know?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

^ All pretend they wont buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Why would you care who writes a book?? If you are not interested in what someone has to say then books are the least intrusive way they can say it. Just don't pick up the book.

And that stuff about her 'station' is just pure sh!te. What was Richard Bransons 'station' before he became a tycoon? When does someone become good enough to write a book?

I doubt Richard Branson had vacuous stories of that one time in that club when he met that famous person and he was all like "wow!" and then decided to write a book about it.

Richard Branson - successful entrepreneur. Lorraine Keane - who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Any fcuking 22 year old can write a book nowadays about "their life." Look how many books Jordan has written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Any fcuking 22 year old can write a book nowadays about "their life." Look how many books Jordan has written.

The trade descriptions act wants a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

However, sources told the Irish Independent that they will include an Irish version of UK dating show 'Take Me Out', hosted by former 'Big Brother' star Ray Shah
    oh dear god...

• Advertisement

Einstein wrote: »
    oh dear god...

My sentiments exactly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH.

chin_grin wrote: »
    I doubt Richard Branson had vacuous stories of that one time in that club when he met that famous person and he was all like "wow!" and then decided to write a book about it.

Richard Branson - successful entrepreneur. Lorraine Keane - who?

You missed my point completely... Branson wasnt an entrepreneur or tycoon before he made it happen. This idea that we have a station and should know what it is is utter bo!!ox.

And if people read Lorraine Keanes book, what harm comes from it. We need all sorts to please all sorts of people. I just think that a book is something that you actually have to go out of your way to read so why are you bothered. You are making Lorraine Keanes "vacuous" stories more important by giving it a bloody thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Apparently 5 more than she has read ...

You missed my point completely... Branson wasnt an entrepreneur or tycoon before he made it happen. This idea that we have a station and should know what it is is utter bo!!ox.

And if people read Lorraine Keanes book, what harm comes from it. We need all sorts to please all sorts of people. I just think that a book is something that you actually have to go out of your way to read so why are you bothered. You are making Lorraine Keanes "vacuous" stories more important by giving it a bloody thread.

So are you by commenting on it too! :pac:

No, Branson was a nobody before he made it happen I agree. He wasn't some bint with a grudge, so in essence I really don't get this comparison between the two.

Anyways, it's more about the surprise that any eejit with five minutes of fame can bring out a hardback with their stupid mug on the front, an inch gutter, 15 point text and a few colour photo pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

She is a nobody. She doesn't even have story to tell, apart from one that is obviously only going to tell to embarrass people she worked with for the purposes of shifting some of her books. How fair is that on people who worked in TV3 to pay their bills and the next thing they find themselves caught up in some pathethic publicity stunt???

If she has done something innovative, remarkable, or has some achievement under her belt then let her write away about it, until then, while she is still a nobody like the rest of us, let her stop acting like she is someone that anyone gives a sh*t about, she is irrelevant.

And if i decide to write a book today I am a nobody, and so are you. But if i decide to write a book then I will and feck anyone who thinks differently.
    I am just trying to figure why you care so much?

Like if she writes a book it will be published or it won't. It will sell, or it won't. People will read, or they won't. Where is the problem? Most books published are written by nobodies.

itt People commenting on book and saying they wont buy it that isnt marketed to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

stovelid wrote: »
    The trade descriptions act wants a word.
    Sorry, I had already used quote marks in that sentence and didn't want to overdo it. But yes, she does take ghostwriting to a new level.

And if i decide to write a book today I am a nobody, and so are you. But if i decide to write a book then I will and feck anyone who thinks differently.
    I am just trying to figure why you care so much?

Like if she writes a book it will be published or it won't. It will sell, or it won't. People will read, or they won't. Where is the problem? Most books published are written by nobodies.

What right has she to embarrass people who were just doing their job, so that she can sell her book??? This is part of the problem with the whole country, all style and no substance, what has Lorraine Keane to go put into a book other than some workplace dispute that is going to drag people out into a public debate that they clearly do not want to be part of, all just to promote a book???

She has some neck, that's what I think. Any achievements Lorraine, that might warrant a booK??? None that I can see from here to be honest... Her previous sidekick in the AA is another publicity addict who seems to be addicted to hearing his own voice on the national airwaves, Conor Faughnan, "Director of Policy", whatever the f*ck that is...

• Advertisement

People will only be embarrassed if they acted inappropriately. Otherwise there will be court cases upcoming. What I am saying is if you don't like it then don't fork out your cash and buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

AA roadwatch thats all you are Lorriane - a jumped up voice on Today FM who got lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

just goes to show what reality this woman lives in,she's so wrapped up in a bubble of bs it's hilarious.

I'd smack the bitch if i knew her.

People will only be embarrassed if they acted inappropriately. Otherwise there will be court cases upcoming. What I am saying is if you don't like it then don't fork out your cash and buy it.

I won't be buying it, I just think she has some neck. Thinking that people are that hungry for some rubbish "celebrity", gossip bullshi*t that they will buy her book and enrich her. She must think people are stupid, anyone with any intelligence wouldn't give a sh*t what she writes, in light of the fact that she has absolutely no achievement to her name that I can see worth writing about.

Wow ^^ Crazy hatred for this lady!! I will bow out now while I am still intact! :)

I won't be buying it, I just think she has some neck. Thinking that people are that hungry for some rubbish "celebrity", gossip bullshi*t that they will buy her book and enrich her. She must think people are stupid, anyone with any intelligence wouldn't give a sh*t what she writes, in light of the fact that she has absolutely no achievement to her name that I can see worth writing about.
    You realise you are posting on the Celebrity & Showbiz forum right?

rovert wrote: »
    You realise you are posting on the Celebrity & Showbiz forum right?

Of course I am, she doesn't even tick the "celebrity" box...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I hope for her sake Ms. Keane has another job lined up. Her former boss is 100% right about Ireland being a small pond and it's pretty much never a good idea to be negative about previous employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

She has no credibility as a presenter/journalist/whatever the drones from Expose think they are anyway so she might as well add 'author' to the list.

I don't think the book will fly, there is nothing even mildly entertaining about her on tv, I doubt the secrets she is going to blow the lid off would qualify as interesting either. Seriously, no-one cares.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It's was always gong to be an exposè though....

Advertisement