Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lorraine Keane, "I think I'll write a book"...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

And yet, this book would sell like hotcakes.

People are interested in this 'celeb-goss' garbage for some reason. You don't care but a lot of others do unfortunatly.

I don't think it will sell that well... I think most people will read the extracts which appear in whichever tabloid buys the serialisation rights, pick it up in Easons, have a look, and put it right down again. She seems like a nice enough woman, so I hope I'm wrong. Maybe she's an amazing writer and this is her first step in a new career. In which case, Lorraine, I always had total faith in you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

rovert wrote: »
    You realise you are posting on the Celebrity & Showbiz forum right?

Her being a non-celeb is the reason for the thread starting out in After Hours, but it got moved here for some strange reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Her being a non-celeb is the reason for the thread starting out in After Hours, but it got moved here for some strange reason.

You know it is called Celebrity and Showbiz right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

MrDarcy wrote: »
    Some people just don't seem to be able to work out where their station in life should be pardon the pun.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/furious-tv3-will-never-work-with-lorraine-again-after-tellall-book-2299814.html

Here's another example of someone who read out an AA report on the radio a few times a day and ends up thinking she is someone. I'd argue that someone who needs to fall back on a workplace dispute and then throw out press release that says, ""It's not going to please everybody, but I am going to tell the truth. We were struggling from our first days in TV3. Leaving at the time was the straw that broke the camel's back. I know that people want to hear, and I'm going to tell them exactly how it was," in all seriousness really shouldn't bother writing a book at all. If this is the utter extent of your life story then please save us all the hassle of listening to you pimping your book in the run up to Christmas.

No Lorraine, people couldn't give a fiddler's sh*t about your departure from TV3, believe it or not Lorraine, at the moment people actually have more important things to worry about, and if the terms of your departure from TV3 are all you can think of to base a book on, please don't be living under the illusion that there is a sinner on this island who gives an utter sh*t about who you met in Lillies, why you left TV3, or what you are doing now.

Poetry, absolute music to my ears!! i'm in awe!! bang on in agreement wif ya there buddy!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭j1974

People are interested in this 'celeb-goss' garbage for some reason. You don't care but a lot of others do unfortunatly.

hotcakes of ****!! maybe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JonnyBlackrock

No Lorraine, people couldn't give a fiddler's sh*t about your departure from TV3, believe it or not Lorraine, at the moment people actually have more important things to worry about

Couldn't agree more. Her kids go to my son's school, and in the beginning we kept on hearing people whispering "that kid's mum is Lorraine Keane" with a knowing look on their faces. And all I could say at the time was "Lorraine who?" or "Who the hell's Lorraine Keane?". So then I was told that she was a "star" on that huge global network TV3. TV what? Does anybody actually watch that "channel"?

So no, I'm not going to read her "book", as I really couldn't care less why she left TV3 or why she even went to work there in the first place. I never saw her on TV, in fact I've never even watched a single programme on TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Read somewhere yesterday that it sold feck all!! 1400 units or so, Alan Quinlan for example sold over 4000 units coming up to xmas, so i guess this must read book failed?

Yes, I heard it sold even less than that. About 70 copies in the first week. What a joke.
    I saw it in a bookshop before Christmas. First of all, it's printed on glossy paper, so it screams out to you that it's junk. I flicked through it, and it seems that 90% of the book is pictures of the woman herself standing next to "Celeb A", "Celeb B" and "Celeb C", so zero content.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Some people just don't seem to be able to work out where their station in life should be pardon the pun.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/furious-tv3-will-never-work-with-lorraine-again-after-tellall-book-2299814.html

Here's another example of someone who read out an AA report on the radio a few times a day and ends up thinking she is someone. I'd argue that someone who needs to fall back on a workplace dispute and then throw out press release that says, ""It's not going to please everybody, but I am going to tell the truth. We were struggling from our first days in TV3. Leaving at the time was the straw that broke the camel's back. I know that people want to hear, and I'm going to tell them exactly how it was," in all seriousness really shouldn't bother writing a book at all. If this is the utter extent of your life story then please save us all the hassle of listening to you pimping your book in the run up to Christmas.

No Lorraine, people couldn't give a fiddler's sh*t about your departure from TV3, believe it or not Lorraine, at the moment people actually have more important things to worry about, and if the terms of your departure from TV3 are all you can think of to base a book on, please don't be living under the illusion that there is a sinner on this island who gives an utter sh*t about who you met in Lillies, why you left TV3, or what you are doing now.

Not saying I disagree with your opinions at all, in fact I quite agree re people "writing" books about how they drank a cup of tea that one morning before dropping the kids to school ("The Shocking True Story Of A Woman Dying Of Thirst!":rolleyes:) but in doing a quick search to see how many copies sold, I found this:

"It was (Publisher Blackwater Press' John) O'Connor who first approached Lorraine's agent, Noel Kelly, about the possibility of her writing about the reality of showbiz journalism. And O'Connor is confident that her book, Behind The Red Carpet, will become an instant bestseller."

I think this may be more the root of the problem. A publisher thinks they see a way of making a quick buck, pours honeyed words into the ears of gullible people & hey presto! Instant Author! (just add sh!te!):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

1300 copies.
    Like someone said-hotcakes of ****.
    Did you see her on BOC-only story she could come up with was Daniel bein a bit snotty to her-probably knew what a twat she was.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭The Green Pixie

Haven't heard a word about her since the book flopped. She must have gone into hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭The Green Pixie

Heard on the grapevine that she went into hiding in Australia for a couple of months after the book bombed to avoid the humiliation of being asked difficult questions, but I think she's back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

She was filling in on ' The Daily Show' recently when Claire Byrne was off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

This thread has 4 times as many views as her book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,348,246 in Books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wow.
    If she believes what she is saying I'd actually be worried about her mental health.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wow.
    If she believes what she is saying I'd actually be worried about her mental health.

I especially like the part of her saying i work yeah but i wont trot out the usual line of working on a project...um love, you just did! :rolleyes:

Also like the part about her thinking she looks younger then she does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Any fcuking 22 year old can write a book nowadays about "their life." Look how many books Jordan has written.
    I'd wager that Jordan has never even read any of her ghost written "books".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I genuinely don't get this woman at all. Don't know what she has done to be as well known as she is. She was grand presenting the likes of Xpose but other than that I find her fame puzzling.

There was a night a few years ago she was presenting some awards ceremony and she referred to TG4 as TG Four instead of TG Ceathar. Might seem like a small thing but if you're the presenter of the show, you make sure you get the basics right.

And I look about as much like Kate Middleton as she does (I'm nowhere near as skinny and I have blonde hair) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

This looks like a desperate attempt to stay in the headlines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

<Snip>

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Clemenza.. Go troll somewhere else.

xzanti wrote: »
    Clemenza.. Go troll somewhere else.

:) sorry, couldn't resist

She's in RSVP patting herself on the back spouting....ooh me, i'm not a zeleb....i'm putting my family before career....she says as she's giving a paid interview and talking about "other projects".

Clemenza wrote: »
    :) sorry, couldn't resist

Aye...she's of of those celebs trypes that ae begging to be trolled! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

I wonder if she should write showbiz erotica? Maybe showbiz lesbian erotica? She could even use the title of her first book. :D
    It would at least guarantee that people might read the flipping thing.

But yeah, the woman keeps popping up in the papers for all kinds of bizarre things. From that stage show she did (can she even sing???) to her repeated assertions she put her career before family. Doesn't one actually require a career first?
    And now there are rumours she is going to be on the 'Celebrity' version of TV3's The Apprentice...

BTW, I looked at amazon.co.uk and the book is currently ranked at 189,962.

I wonder if she should write showbiz erotica? Maybe showbiz lesbian erotica? She could even use the title of her first book. :D
    It would at least guarantee that people might read the flipping thing.

But yeah, the woman keeps popping up in the papers for all kinds of bizarre things. From that stage show she did (can she even sing???) to her repeated assertions she put her career before family. Doesn't one actually require a career first?
    And now there are rumours she is going to be on the 'Celebrity' version of TV3's The Apprentice...

BTW, I looked at amazon.co.uk and the book is currently ranked at 189,962.

She's the WAG of world famous, multi platinum selling rock star Peter Devlin, of The Devlins, last seen selling out my local pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Really??? 'She's younger and she's a princess' - laughed me arse off :D:D:D

Advertisement