Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend replacement work phone

Options
  • 17-08-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hi. I would like a bit of help. I need to replace a work phone currently - Nokia 6230i.

Requirements: Basic phone + Bluetooth + fairly robust + good battery life

Format: prefer standard as I feel they are more robust

Operator: O2 - bill pay

Make : Prefer Nokia

I really am looking for recommendations on robustness and reliability more than style. As a work phone I don't really need camera's, mp3, etc but I won't object if any are included. Operator is selected by my employer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 6230i was decent. I actually know a guy who got a 6700, and after a week went back to an old 6230i he had.

Been thinking about it for awhile and really it depends on how robust you want it. Are you in an office type job, or something more like building site. Nokia have their most robust phone the 3720, which might suit your needs perfectly but if you dont need it that robust then there is one or two others with better spec on o2. Go into a shop and see what you think of the 3720.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

You could always get a refurbished 6230i

Gekko wrote: »
    You could always get a refurbished 6230i

Not from o2 though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Will check it out, also any comments on the E52, looks solid and has an apparently large battery but seems to have a lot of surplus to requirements extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

mikewest wrote: »
    Will check it out, also any comments on the E52, looks solid and has an apparently large battery but seems to have a lot of surplus to requirements extras.

Do a search for it on here, a few people that have it don't like it, fairly fragile etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭mikewest

Search?

oh yeah that thing:o

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do they still do the e71? Think there's a newer version. Good phone though.

MarkR wrote: »
    Do they still do the e71? Think there's a newer version. Good phone though.

Tis a good phone, the newer one is the E72. They dont sell the E71 now

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

mikewest wrote: »
    Hi. I would like a bit of help. I need to replace a work phone currently - Nokia 6230i.

Requirements: Basic phone + Bluetooth + fairly robust + good battery life

Format: prefer standard as I feel they are more robust

Operator: O2 - bill pay

Make : Prefer Nokia

I really am looking for recommendations on robustness and reliability more than style. As a work phone I don't really need camera's, mp3, etc but I won't object if any are included. Operator is selected by my employer.

get an iPhone 4 and I will swap it for a new / unused (old stock) 6230i - I got a heap of upgrades when they were out and they're still here in boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

get an iPhone 4 and I will swap it for a new / unused (old stock) 6230i - I got a heap of upgrades when they were out and they're still here in boxes.

Haha nice try boy

• Advertisement
Advertisement