Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kelly's Bay in Skerries??

Options
  • 17-08-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

Thinking of moving to Skerries and was eondering if anyone could answer afew questions for me please.

What is Kelly's Bay estate like?

Are there any good primary schools around, I was looking at the new educate together one there beside Kellys Bay but when I researched it, it said it was a DEIS 2 school (designated disadvantaged). Can anyone tell me is this true or why?

Having read some of the other threads there doesnt seem to be too much good said about the Mourne estate which is beside the estate we were looking at. Is it really bad??

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

I used to live in Kellys Bay for a couple of years and I found it a very quite friendly place to live. Its even handier now that the new Euro Spar has opened so its not necessary to go into Skerries town proper to get a pint of milk. Its a lovely area for walking, with the beach and Ardgillan close by. I used to love the fact that within ten minutes of leaving the house I was walking beside the sea. Really nice after a hard day in work to go and get some fresh air :)

I'm not sure about the educate together school as I don't know anyone with kids going there but normally educate together schools have quite a good reputation. I believe St. Patrick's Primary is very good too.

Over all its a really nice area to live in and a lovely place to have/bring up kids I think :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The school is excellent - my youngest started there last year, and he loves it. They have a major advantage over some of the other schools in the area, as they are not yet operating at full capacity, and having only been open for a couple of years everything is new (they also have plenty of room for the kids at playtime)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

My friend's child also started in the Educate Together last year and she loves it. They seem to be extremely happy with the school. I collected her from school a few times for them and thought it was lovely that the principal knew all of the childrens' names.

I think it depends what part of Kellys Bay you're thinking of moving to though, some of the houses look nice but a lot of them are very crammed together, some estates look nicer than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 silverbell_00

I thought that Kellys bay was a smallish estate from what we saw driving around. am i wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭I carried a watermelon

Mourne View is not as bad as people make out. :mad:

The educate together school is only opened about 2-3 years. There is another school called Realt Na Mara which is between the Mourne View and Skerries Rock Estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Angelmangle

I thought that Kellys bay was a smallish estate from what we saw driving around. am i wrong?

Kelly's Bay is actually quite a large estate from the duplexes & apartments at The Heights, the Jetty etc then the houses around the other side at the Promenade and the Strand. The three bed demi-detached houses are really nice and spacious.

Advertisement